Author Topic: Lets talk burgers!  (Read 1977 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Lets talk burgers!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
My favorite burger includes bacon, chili, and sauteed onion.  I don't make burgers myself but my experimental one would be:

Ground meat with minced onion, and taco or fajita seasoning added.  Grilled to medium.

Topped with bacon and salsa and/or guacamole, with taco chip strips on top.  (No bun).  Served with grilled corn on the side (don't forget the jalapeno butter and salt).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:56:58 PM by Venus193 »

Specky

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 11:54:27 AM »
Haven't had burgers in a while.  We used to make turkey burgers, but can't find ground turkey that doesn't contain the standard "natural flavors, broth, etc."  May have to set up to grind our own  :-\

Sebastienne

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
We grill a lot in summer, and years ago, my husband and I figured out what the most magical burger for our palates was. Combine these things, form into patties, and grill them:

1.  Ground bison
2.  Cooked + crumbled Applewood bacon
3. About half the bacon drippings (Bison's lean, so this helps it hold together better on the grill. It also may defeat the purpose of using lean meat, but shhh)
4. Shredded wood-smoked cheddar. Last time, I used an oak-smoked white cheddar, which was delicious
5. Worcestershire sauce
6. The secret blend of herbs and spices

We eschew condiments and eat them on brioche rolls, and they are to die for.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »
My all time favorite is a mushroom swiss burger, with REAL swiss cheese and real (not canned) sautéed mushrooms, and it's making me hungry just thinking about it!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »

It usually depends on my mood and what i have. I like putting dill and mustard seed in them just about any time, though. Love me some fresh dill. My mom makes burgers with ground feta and olives in them and they are so good.
...might have to go to 5 Guys for dinner. Mmmmmmm. I'm thinking abut a bacon cheeseburger with mayo, relish, and jalapenos, but that might change by the time i get there.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem