Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

NUTS!!! (literally ;-))

<< < (2/4) > >>

kckgirl:
Put them in the freezer! They will go bad if you don't.

Bethalize:
Nuts in the freezer? I've never heard of that. Walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts and almonds all keep very well in their shells here. We've picked hazelnuts in Autumn and eaten them the following Christmas. Chestnuts don't last, but they are seeds aren't they?

cicero:

--- Quote from: Bethalize on January 20, 2013, 10:30:58 AM ---Nuts in the freezer? I've never heard of that. Walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts and almonds all keep very well in their shells here. We've picked hazelnuts in Autumn and eaten them the following Christmas. Chestnuts don't last, but they are seeds aren't they?

--- End quote ---
absolutely. otherwise i find they go bad or the creepy crawlies find them :-[

JenJay:
From http://www.marksdailyapple.com (I can't link to the page of the recipe because it's a looooong page with a lot of recipes. Hope this is okay)

We've made these and they were really good! I'd probably prefer they be a bit less spicy but I'm a lightweight when it comes to spice. DH thought they were perfect. We used 2C of mixed nuts so I know that works.

1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp powdered ginger
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of whole almonds, shelled
1 tbsp sea salt

In a non-stick skillet heat the olive oil and spices over low heat for 3 or so minutes. Place the nuts in a bowl and pour oil mixture over the top, toss and stir. Then, spread nuts into a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and pop in a oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, shaking the tray about every 5 minutes to cook evenly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool two hours. Store in an airtight container.

MrsCrazyPete:
Yes definitely store nuts in the freezer! She'll all the nuts and freeze what you won't immediately use. I've kept nuts in the freezer for up to 3-4 months. You could make spiced nuts, mix them into brownies, cakes, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version