General Etiquette > Life...in general

Flaky Friend: Is this worth cutting our friendship over? Update #31,#56

<< < (10/16) > >>

Sootikin:

--- Quote from: sammycat on January 21, 2013, 10:27:31 PM ---Wait a minute - she wants a refund?!?  Is she serious?  Please tell me that this is not going to happen in a million years.

Is anyone going to turn it back on her and ask when and how she was going to reimburse the rest of the group for the money they/you're now out of pocket for? I have to say if I was a member of this group and someone else in the group had unilaterally decided on behalf of everyone not to bother calling this girl on the money she owed I'd be also rethinking my relationship with them also.

This is not a friend.  I personally wouldn't bother with her anymore.  If I ran into her somewhere I'd be coolly civil, but that's it.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I'd be fuming if I was part of the group and you were deciding for me that I will pay a single penny  of the cost of her backing out. 

Why is she more important than the people who haven't flaked?

oceanus:

--- Quote ---Why is she more important than the people who haven't flaked?
--- End quote ---

Very good question.  OP, do you have an answer? 

Nebraska Jones:

--- Quote from: Sootikin on January 22, 2013, 07:01:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: sammycat on January 21, 2013, 10:27:31 PM ---Wait a minute - she wants a refund?!?  Is she serious?  Please tell me that this is not going to happen in a million years.

Is anyone going to turn it back on her and ask when and how she was going to reimburse the rest of the group for the money they/you're now out of pocket for? I have to say if I was a member of this group and someone else in the group had unilaterally decided on behalf of everyone not to bother calling this girl on the money she owed I'd be also rethinking my relationship with them also.

This is not a friend.  I personally wouldn't bother with her anymore.  If I ran into her somewhere I'd be coolly civil, but that's it.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I'd be fuming if I was part of the group and you were deciding for me that I will pay a single penny  of the cost of her backing out. 

Why is she more important than the people who haven't flaked?

--- End quote ---

I agree!  OP, has anything come of this?

Bijou:

--- Quote from: QueenofAllThings on January 20, 2013, 10:31:07 AM ---Why are you booking things for her without getting the money up front, especially considering her history?

I'd stop including her. If she calls you out on it, cite the examples you gave us.

--- End quote ---
Exactly.

Bijou:
About the money:

You make a commitment to go somewhere, allow someone else to spring for the ticket with the understanding that you will reimburse them, for whatever reason you don't go, you still bought the ticket/whatever.
To me a person who has no problem allowing friends or anyone else to front the money for them, such as for accommodations or tickets, then doesn't attend the event and allows that person to take the loss has an odd sense of entitlement, indeed. Personal responsibility comes into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version