General Etiquette > Life...in general

Flaky Friend: Is this worth cutting our friendship over? Update #31,#56

<< < (12/16) > >>

Winterlight:
I hope the group drops her at this point- she's created resentment and stress for everyone.

BuffaloFang:
UPDATE: So I received a check in the mail from her.  There was no note or anything.  I guess our friendship is over, or at least needs a good long break.  I texted her saying "Like I said, you don't owe me anything.  I was able to get a refund for everything that I had paid for.  I would have let you know if anything was nonrefundable" but haven't heard back.

I won't lie, I'm very disappointed it seems our friendship is over.

Now what to do with the check?  She really didn't owe me anything, so I'm thinking I should just shred it.  That seems the correct thing to do, right?

PastryGoddess:
I would shred it and let her know you did so.  It's probably a good thing you guys are taking a long break from one another.

TurtleDove:

--- Quote from: BuffaloFang on February 04, 2013, 04:12:44 PM ---Now what to do with the check?  She really didn't owe me anything, so I'm thinking I should just shred it.  That seems the correct thing to do, right?

--- End quote ---

Cash it and split it amongst the people who ate the cost of I think it was the hotel.

kckgirl:

--- Quote from: TurtleDove on February 04, 2013, 04:16:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: BuffaloFang on February 04, 2013, 04:12:44 PM ---Now what to do with the check?  She really didn't owe me anything, so I'm thinking I should just shred it.  That seems the correct thing to do, right?

--- End quote ---

Cash it and split it amongst the people who ate the cost of I think it was the hotel.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this. If the others are still out money because of her flakiness, give it to them. Definitely do NOT shred it. She owes the money. Let her pay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version