A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Proud kitchen moments -- Kitchen disasters

<< < (46/69) > >>

drzim:
I admit that I am very amused by the fact that the kitchen disasters thread is much longer than the kitchen "successes" thread!

My most memorable was the time I wanted to cook breakfast for my mom on mother's day morning.  I had a recipe for cinnamon rolls all picked out from my Betty Crocker cookbook.  Alas, I was only 8 so my dad had to be involved.  Apparently, no one told him that there is a difference between baking powder and baking soda.  We ended up with hockey pucks that tasted horrible.

Elfmama:
I don't know what I did to ruin the gingerbread muffins that I made, but I suspect that I left out the baking soda, because they didn't rise.  At all.  :P Not done in the middle either, IIRC.  I cut them into slices, put them back into the oven at about 175oF, and left them there until they were hard as rocks.

The dog thought they were the best treats ever.  ;D

Katana_Geldar:
I've managed to get making pastry in the food processor so that it's as good as store bought pastry!

Now it's great for my juices and pies.

Nikko-chan:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on February 13, 2013, 12:41:30 AM ---I don't know what I did to ruin the gingerbread muffins that I made, but I suspect that I left out the baking soda, because they didn't rise.  At all.  :P Not done in the middle either, IIRC.  I cut them into slices, put them back into the oven at about 175oF, and left them there until they were hard as rocks.

--- End quote ---

See I don't think that was a disaster... you at least got treats out of it for your pooch! What would have really been a disaster is if they would have burned!

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: Nikko-chan on February 13, 2013, 03:30:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: Elfmama on February 13, 2013, 12:41:30 AM ---I don't know what I did to ruin the gingerbread muffins that I made, but I suspect that I left out the baking soda, because they didn't rise.  At all.  :P Not done in the middle either, IIRC.  I cut them into slices, put them back into the oven at about 175oF, and left them there until they were hard as rocks.

--- End quote ---

See I don't think that was a disaster... you at least got treats out of it for your pooch! What would have really been a disaster is if they would have burned!

--- End quote ---
My mother burned waffles once.  Mom usually burned the first one of a batch, but this time she really outdid herself.  Even the dog wouldn't eat it -- he gave it decent burial in the back yard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version