A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Proud kitchen moments -- Kitchen disasters

<< < (69/80) > >>

ladyknight1:
I love our chimney starter I hate it when my neighbors use their grill as he uses half a bottle of lighter fluid.

Not quite a disaster, but I forgot how quickly pumpkin puree and custard for pies can become airborne. I'm still finding splats of orange.

knitwicca:
I am glad this thread was revived.

In 1986, I was married to a man who loved, adored, thrived on the spiciest food he could find.
Our daughter and I like spicy but not make-you-sweat spicy.

One evening after a rough day at work, I was making chili.  As things were simmering, I took out my contacts.  Then I started to add spices....I am extremely nearsighted and thought I grabbed a container of chili powder. It was cayenne. An entire box of cayenne in a 2-quart pot of chili.

That evening, my daughter and I had nachos for dinner.  Then-husband swore there was no such thing as "too spicy".   He gave up after the third mouthful and joined us for nachos.

mmswm:
Don't set wooden spoons on the stove.  This is especially important if you have a gas stove. 

I need to go buy more wooden spoons.

Specky:
I was fixing supper and putting dishes away at the same time.  I had a stack of bowls next to the cooktop that I was getting ready to put back in the cabinets during breaks in cooking.

I opened the freezer door to get something and found myself eye to eye with a giant isopod http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg/330px-Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg  (the one that is about a foot long)

I shrieked and threw myself backwards, running into the stack of bowls, losing my balance and doing the hard sit down while bowls rained down around me and onto the cooktop.  Something spilled and there was a large puddle of slippery on the floor.  My husband heard the cacophony and came running.  He hit the goo puddle and slalomed the length of the kitchen until he ran into my legs and fell down.  He looked up and saw the freezer door standing open and said, "Oh.  I forgot to tell you."

We ended up with a couple of broken bowls, and the glass cooktop was cracked as well when a bowl landed on it.  Never could get eau de isopod out of the freezer, so we ended up having to replace it as well.

greencat:

--- Quote from: Specky on December 16, 2014, 07:54:57 PM ---I was fixing supper and putting dishes away at the same time.  I had a stack of bowls next to the cooktop that I was getting ready to put back in the cabinets during breaks in cooking.

I opened the freezer door to get something and found myself eye to eye with a giant isopod http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg/330px-Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg  (the one that is about a foot long)

I shrieked and threw myself backwards, running into the stack of bowls, losing my balance and doing the hard sit down while bowls rained down around me and onto the cooktop.  Something spilled and there was a large puddle of slippery on the floor.  My husband heard the cacophony and came running.  He hit the goo puddle and slalomed the length of the kitchen until he ran into my legs and fell down.  He looked up and saw the freezer door standing open and said, "Oh.  I forgot to tell you."

We ended up with a couple of broken bowls, and the glass cooktop was cracked as well when a bowl landed on it.  Never could get eau de isopod out of the freezer, so we ended up having to replace it as well.

--- End quote ---

...I hesitate to ask, but did your husband put that thing in the freezer?   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version