General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Thank you note error?

<< < (2/5) > >>

snappylt:
My opinion is that a brief sincere thank you note is almost always a good idea when job hunting.  I realize that there are quite a few people who do not send thank you letters these days, but I still think it is the polite thing to do.  It recognizes that the interviewer took the time to speak with you and it helps demonstrate your continued interest in the position.

MamaMootz:

--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on January 21, 2013, 11:19:19 PM ---I was really confused by your title, as snafu means "Situation Normal: All Fouled* Up".  You can imagine my confusion  :D

--- End quote ---

Fixed it. Thanks :-)

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: MamaMootz on January 22, 2013, 06:26:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on January 21, 2013, 11:19:19 PM ---I was really confused by your title, as snafu means "Situation Normal: All Fouled* Up".  You can imagine my confusion  :D

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Aww, I don't think you needed to. Snafu has kind of drifted to the point that lots and lots of people use it for minor mishaps. Don't worry about it.

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: Yvaine on January 22, 2013, 08:13:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: MamaMootz on January 22, 2013, 06:26:04 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Aww, I don't think you needed to. Snafu has kind of drifted to the point that lots and lots of people use it for minor mishaps. Don't worry about it.

--- End quote ---

I didn't know that  :-[  I only know it to mean what I said above.  Well then, that changes things for me :)

DaDancingPsych:
I agree, no mistake. The interviewer is just making it clear to not bug him/her and ask the agency.

Two unsolicited cents: you may want to thank he recruiter or individual who set up the interview for you (if you haven't already). They often miss out on the formality and in reality, that is your number one advocate at this point. I am not sure that etiquette calls for it, but it never hurts to thank that person!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version