General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

To Tell or Not to Tell

<< < (9/9)

Mikayla:
I think this is 100 percent know your audience.  I've been in Toots' position before, where I didn't care about evals or what was said, and didn't have time to worry about it.  I've also been in the complete opposite situation, where talking about evals was a hangin' offense, and I needed my best employee (and friend, which may or may not matter) to keep a pulse on these things.  If someone was committing what would have been, in this case, a major violation of policy, of course I'd want to be told, even if I chose not to act on it right off. 

I think a lot depends on how big a violation this is, because this seems to vary. Most important, though, is the the employee/boss relationship, and whether the boss relies on the employee for observing things like this.  In that case, I don't think it has to impact the employee directly - her loyalty is to the boss.

cass2591:

--- Quote from: Yvaine on January 23, 2013, 07:11:07 PM ---
Edited to add: In any case, Moray said the same thing I want to express, and more succinctly. This is just minor immature sniping.
--- End quote ---

As is the bickering you and sharnita are involved in. Thread locked because the OP has decided to say nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version