Author Topic: "OP" symbol?  (Read 1778 times)

GratefulMaria

"OP" symbol?
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »
Is there a symbol somewhere within a thread that indicates its originator?  I find myself scrolling up or back because I don't remember who the OP is -- just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
Re: "OP" symbol?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
No, there isn't. But actually, I think it would be a great idea if we had it!
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »
I wish there was too.  Sometimes I read a post and think it's the OP and then the poster will write something in the 2nd or 3rd paragraph and I realize it's not.

MerryCat

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 07:48:48 PM »
I'd totally be in favor of an OP symbol. In a really long thread, especially one that blows up overnight, it can be a bit hard to keep track of who the OP was.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »
I also think this would be a great idea! But, if it needed to be part of the forum software, I don't think EHellDame really has control over that.

I always start with "OP here" when I reply in my own threads, and I appreciate it when others do something similar.
~Lynn2000

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
I also think this would be a great idea! But, if it needed to be part of the forum software, I don't think EHellDame really has control over that.

I always start with "OP here" when I reply in my own threads, and I appreciate it when others do something similar.

I never thought of doing that. What a good idea.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem