Poll

What are your favorite breakfast foods?  (Please pick up to 3)

Yogurt
13 (5.8%)
Oatmeal
14 (6.2%)
Cereal (cold)
11 (4.9%)
Fruit
10 (4.4%)
Eggs (any style)
43 (19%)
Hash browns
18 (8%)
Bacon
35 (15.5%)
Sausage
12 (5.3%)
Ham
3 (1.3%)
Toast
15 (6.6%)
Donut
4 (1.8%)
Pancakes
12 (5.3%)
Waffles
12 (5.3%)
Bagel
14 (6.2%)
English muffin
7 (3.1%)
Pop tart
3 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 08:58:54 PM

Author Topic: Time for Breakfast!  (Read 1243 times)

Redsoil

Re: Time for Breakfast!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:03 AM »
So Jaffas don't count as breakfast?  What about chocolate?  ;)
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

staceym

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
you asked what my favorite breakfast is and so I picked eggs/bacon/toast  :D

but I rarely eat them for breakfast (wish I could eat them every day) ...my breakfast is usually either yogurt, oatmeal or Special K cereal

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 08:36:47 AM »
I picked bacon, donuts, and hashbrowns as my favorites though I only eat any of those a few times per year. My other favorite not on the list is spicy sausage kolaches and will eat those more often because I have such a weakness for them.

My actual breakfast is usually Oatbran with raisins or scrambled eggs/eggwhites when I want protein in the morning.   

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 08:37:50 AM »
I'm enjoying a warm bowl of poverty as we speak!

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

MindsEye

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
My very favorite is a lightly toasted whole wheat bagel with a schmear and some lox.  This is weekend brunch fare.

My standard weekday breakfast is coffee and either fruit w/plain yoghurt or toast with apple butter.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
My standard weekday breakfast is eggs, toast and fruit. Weekends are 1/2 a bagel and a smoothie. My favorite breakfast food, however, is hot chocolate.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
There was no other!

There also was no French toast, granola bar, biscuits, muffins, scones, Cinnabons, cookies, cupcakes, Twinkies, lox, grits, leftovers, warmed up pizza. or 'I don't eat breakfast'.  As I said in my initial post, I had to cut it off someplace.  (There were 16 choices.)

RE: bacon - I haven't cooked 'real' bacon in years.  I started using the pre-cooked bacon that you just microwave for a few seconds.  Much easier, no greasy mess, and I still get the bacon smell (although it's not as strong).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:51:59 AM by oceanus »

heartmug

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »
I didn't see muffins on the list.  That is my favorite and there is a local place that makes a carrot/raisin muffin that is the best.
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

CakeBeret

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »
I'm not much of a breakfast person; I'm rarely hungry before noon, so I don't eat breakfast at all during the week. On weekends I will occasionally have brunch. I'll get one of two things: eggs with bacon, grits and hasbrown casserole; or biscuits and gravy, with bacon. Bacon must be involved. :D I've also developed a mild enjoyment for pancakes, because they are DH and DS's favorite.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

GratefulMaria

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
I checked only two by mistake -- bacon and eggs -- meant to check sausage as well.  Though sausage would have to get out of the way for steak!  Mmmmm . . .

KimberlyM

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »
My favorites would be an omelet and bacon or a bagel and cream cheese, but I rarely eat those anymore.

Nearly every day I eat half a cup of fat free plain greek yogurt, a quarter cup of grape nuts and about a cup of frozen blueberries all mixed together.  It almost feels like ice cream but it's only 4points (on weight watchers) and gets me through to lunch no problem.

On weekends I might make an egg white omelet with whatever veggies I've got laying around but generally I can't find the motivation!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »
There's no way to tell what my breakfast preferences will be on any given day. 

At home, I'll usually have fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee.  Prunes or berries are my favorite fruits.

Sometimes, we'll have hash or French Toast with bacon or sausage.  Chinese salt bean milk with Crullers makes a great breakfast for a festive day.  So does left-over pizza.     

When easily available, I will opt for oatmeal with raspberry or apricot jam in place of sugar and raisins. 

I like my eggs as well as anyone and, fried potatoes are always welcome but I'm not likely to make them on an ordinary day.

Phoebe

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »
I usually have a cup of Wegman's pumpkin spice or coffee yogurt, or some Quaker Oat Squares minus the milk.  I've also been known to enjoy lo mein straight out of the fridge  ;D

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
Given the chance, I would have a bagel, toasted, with butter almost every day for breakfast.  Every so often I'd switch it up and go with waffles, or pancakes, or French toast.  Bacon is another great breakfast food!  Donuts and cinnamon rolls, also good.  Basically, if it's carb-y and/or sugar-y, I would love to eat it for breakfast!  I hate eggs though, so no eggs for me. 

My reality is usually a cup of cherry yogurt, and either some apple slices or mandarin oranges.  Before I started trying to lose weight, I would normally eat a buttered english muffin and a couple slices of bacon for breakfast.  It's delicious, but the idea of all the fat kind of made my dietician cringe, so I'm trying to not eat that very much anymore. 

TylerBelle

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:09 PM »
Love Pop-tarts (esp. Brown Sugar & Cinnamon); Pancakes; and it was difficult choosing between Sausage and Bacon. Sausage won out.

Although those were my three choices, I also enjoy Eggs over Easy layered on top of Toast, French toast, Waffles, and Cereal, too (Grape-nuts is favorite).
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White