Poll

What are your favorite breakfast foods?  (Please pick up to 3)

Yogurt
13 (5.8%)
Oatmeal
14 (6.2%)
Cereal (cold)
11 (4.9%)
Fruit
10 (4.4%)
Eggs (any style)
43 (19%)
Hash browns
18 (8%)
Bacon
35 (15.5%)
Sausage
12 (5.3%)
Ham
3 (1.3%)
Toast
15 (6.6%)
Donut
4 (1.8%)
Pancakes
12 (5.3%)
Waffles
12 (5.3%)
Bagel
14 (6.2%)
English muffin
7 (3.1%)
Pop tart
3 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 08:58:54 PM

Author Topic: Time for Breakfast!  (Read 1354 times)

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
Time for Breakfast!
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »
I know there are other things people eat in the morning, but I had to cut it off someplace.

I'm down with sausage or bacon and toast.
Also love fresh pineapple, strawberries, and oranges in the morning but several days a week I must have meat in the morning.

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
Re: Time for Breakfast!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
My favorites are pancakes, waffles, and bagels.

My daily reality: plain Cheerios with lowfat milk, black coffee, and a kiwi fruit. I make myself some pancakes once in a while, though, usually with blueberry or boysenberry syrup.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:18:27 PM »
Eggs, cereal, waffles.  A lot of the stuff mentioned are more add ons to me than breakfast items on their own.  Those three can stand alone.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »
I picked toast, ham, and hash browns although I like other things too.  I can't eat sweet stuff for breakfast though, so no fruit or pancakes for me. 

Jelaza

• Meow
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »
I picked eggs, bacon and pancakes.  Other nice things are sausage, hash browns and French toast.

I usually have fruit, though, because it's much healthier.

jmarvellous

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »
I have no idea what to put. I eat cereal with almond milk and possibly a banana most days. Maybe quick oats with honey and cinnamon or a bagel instead of the cereal. Fried eggs or french toast on weekends. Generally a cup of coffee an hour or so after breakfast.

But if I had time and metabolism to handle it, I'd probably have waffles or french toast or pancakes or a vegetable-filled omelet.

shygirl

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!

I picked oatmeal, cereal and pancakes.  Most mornings, I have oatmeal or cereal.  Pancakes are a rare weekend treat.

Lately, I've been eating a lot of baked oatmeal.  At my office, they make huge pot of oatmeal and serve it with brown sugar, raisins, and granola.  They just started putting little tiny cookie crumbles in the granola, and it is the most delicious thing I've ever eaten in the morning.  I might even like it MORE than pancakes.  I actually have been dreaming about that granola.  I haven't had to go into my office since Friday last week, and I CAN'T WAIT to go tomorrow so I can have some more of that oatmeal and granola.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:03 PM »
I just voted for what i get in hotels with free breakfast-
make-your-own waffles (with fruit and powdered sugar topping!)
and eggs,
and if I am ordering out for brunch, well-done hashbrowns.

My reality at home-
a protein shake or a glass of milk and out the door I drive away.

(I do have a mid-morning snack, and have been losing weight on purpose.) I rarely travel or eat breakfast out, so those waffles and hashbrowns are a rarity and a treat indeed!
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Amara

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 12:18:20 AM »
I almost always have two eggs, two strips of soy bacon (or soy sausage), a small bowl of Kashi GoLean, a small glass of blueberry juice, a tangerine or other small fruit, and a glass of nonfat milk mixed with soy protein powder. Sometimes I will substitute a vegetable for the fruit. And on rare occasions I will add a piece of toast, but my primary focus is getting a lot of protein so I can keep going for hours. It works!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 01:07:20 AM »
I don't care for hash browns but do like country potatoes so i said hash browns.  Eggs and sausage were my other two choices.
My very favorite however, is leftovers.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 01:13:19 AM »
There was no other!

99% of the time I eat almond butter and jam on whole wheat bread. Not toasted, just slices of bread. Every once in a while I'll substitute oatmeal with almond butter & jam or granola with plain yogurt and nuts, but seriously, it's been months since I've had anything but ab&j on whole wheat.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 02:53:49 AM »
i chose bagels, pancakes, and eggs-anything. that's what i would LOVE to eat.

but it's not what i do eat - 99% of the time i have oatmeal and a fruit. i go to the gym in the AM and have re-visited my work out and food choices so now I'm having half a cup of coffee plus one small banana in the AM before gym, then i made up a batch of baked oatmeal (in muffin holders) which i'm having right after gym. hopefully this plan will work better for me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:24:37 AM »
Ditto to Bijou - I'll often eat leftovers.

I don't eat meat, and am trying to reduce bread consumption. Cereal is Ok, as is fruit, but I'm hungry again in an hour. So - protein! Eggs any which way or yogurt or, sometimes, PB on toast.

CakeEater

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 06:30:08 AM »
I love grilled tomato and cheese on toast, but dieting at the moment, so two pieces of toast with baked beans.

Coley

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »
If I'm being honest, my favorite breakfast foods are bacon, sausage, and pancakes. Those are not the breakfast foods I eat most of the time!

Most days, I eat Kashi GoLean mixed with low-fat yogurt. I'm going for the protein. I also like oatmeal the way I make it -- with a mashed banana or some applesauce, some cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little brown sugar. Just a little bit of sugar.

I will not eat eggs. Not with hashbrowns. Not with toast. Not scrambled or boiled or fried or poached. Not with sausage and not with ham. I will not eat them Sam I am.