Author Topic: When you overhear two managers complaining about you (UPDATE Post #28)  (Read 9158 times)

cheyne

Re: When you overhear two managers complaining about you (UPDATE Post #28)
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:05 AM »
I am sorry Susie lost a job, but not this job.  So management was sub par, expected her to work miracles and didn't like her personality?  It sounds like a miserable job TBH, she's better off not being there.

I love how the HR manager tried to cover her own butt, what an unprofessional piece of work.

I am sure that Susie will find a better job.

Fleur

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 05:56:36 AM »
I am sorry Susie lost a job, but not this job.  So management was sub par, expected her to work miracles and didn't like her personality?  It sounds like a miserable job TBH, she's better off not being there.

I love how the HR manager tried to cover her own butt, what an unprofessional piece of work.

I am sure that Susie will find a better job.

I agree. I actually think that management were super unprofessional. No wonder the position was a revolving door!

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »
If I was your friend I'd consider it a blessing in disguise.  Not only was management expecting your friend to be a mind reader, she somehow needed to pull a miracle out of her you-know-what with little training.  Yeahhhh.....good luck with that....

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »

Yeah, I agree.
"Let's not dredge up last week".  Indeed.   ::)

Girlie

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
The very BEST managers to work under are the ones who see a problem, pull you aside to discuss it privately right then and there, and then let it go.
Hanging a problem over an employee's head, talking about the employee behind their back (conversations about an employee between managers should always be behind CLOSED doors), and not making expectations and instructions explicitly clear are all terribly ineffective management styles and can create a tense, unstable and miserable working environment.
While I'm sorry your friend lost her job, I have to agree with PPs who have said it might be a blessing in disguise.

Minmom3

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Not very deep disguise, either! 
Mother to children and fuzz butts....