Re: Do you say, "she behaves inappropriately towards my husband?" UPDATE pg6

<< < (14/22) > >>

MurPl1:
Oh that sure was Freudian!  Heehee!

Sign Of The Times:
If I'm DH, I tell Bessie off.

"Bean dip" == punt?

Slartibartfast:
"She seems like a nice enough lady, but she insists on telling everyone we're close friends and we barely know her.  It makes DH and I kind of uncomfortable."

Margo:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on January 30, 2013, 05:00:41 PM ---"She seems like a nice enough lady, but she insists on telling everyone we're close friends and we barely know her.  It makes DH and I kind of uncomfortable."

--- End quote ---

I think this is the perfect response to anyone who notices/comments on the coolness.

And I also agree that DH needs to say something directly to Bessie to make it clear that her comments and attention at the gym are unwelcome. I think Marbles suggestions are good, in terms of the wording.
If necessary he could expand. e.g "I wish you'd stop saying that. It makes me and my wife uncomfortable, especially as we barely know you"

Lauren:

--- Quote ---Just as the OP and her DH should have said something to Bessie before now.  My feelings and advice are the same no matter what gender.  Men can think they are being "cutesy" too.  First step is telling them to stop and see if they do or not.

--- End quote ---

Pretty much this.

The only thing the OP has done 'wrong' is not correct Bessie's assumptions. Bessie has overstepeed boundaries, that is clear. But neither the OP nor her husband have told her this. She should have been told to stop.

And it does reflect badly on people who are newcomers to a group acting coolly to an old timer of the group. (and if separate people are commenting on it, everyone has noticed)

If the genders were reversed I would give the same advice. OP's husband needs to tell Bessie that he's uncomfortable. Take the reaction from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version