Author Topic: s/o Distrusting Parents - Asking about Weapons in the House  (Read 5970 times)

Moonie

Re: s/o Distrusting Parents - Asking about Weapons in the House
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2013, 01:01:15 PM »
Thanks to this thread, I actually volunteered this information last night to a parent whose son is spending the night at my home for the first time tonight. I not only told her that there are no firearms in my home, but that there is also no accessible alcohol or prescription drugs, and assured her that an adult would be present at all times. (They are teens, so I realize that sometimes they could be left alone for a bit.) In addition, I asked the mother if her son has any allergies to food or animals. She seemed quite surprised that I gave her the info and asked the questions, but in a good way. She thanked me and said that all of those things were important to her.

Betelnut

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »
I too have thought of asking this question.  I'm glad to hear that it wouldn't be taken badly if I did.

I volunteer the information to others that I do not have a gun.

I'm actually more concerned about the men of the house but I think it would not be taken well if I asked, "Hey, are there any hinky men/older teenagers that live or visit your home?"  In the news, it seems like it is always "the boyfriend" who abuses the children.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »
In the local news yesterday...two teachers accused of having an "inappropriate relationship" with their students

Women teachers, male students

Wow!  Holy cow, times have changed. 

asb8

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »
In the local news yesterday...two teachers accused of having an "inappropriate relationship" with their students

Women teachers, male students

Wow!  Holy cow, times have changed.

This doesn't really seem germane to the topic.