Author Topic: Healthy snacks? I need some variety!  (Read 2264 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Healthy snacks? I need some variety!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:25 AM »
Yogurt with granola is super yummy, its also a great mid-afternoon snack because yogurt keeps you full(er) longer

I also buy whole wheat waffles, toast them and spread with peanut butter and drizzle with honey.  It satisfies the crunch and sweet factor in the mid afternoon.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 07:16:38 AM »
Roasted chickpeas are so yummy! If you do a google search on those, you can find lots of different seasoning combinations. My favorites to make are cayenne pepper and Old Bay, or cinnamon and ginger!

I second the hard boiled eggs. I'm not supposed to eat much salt, so instead I dip the egg into a mixture of paprika and dill. Very yummy and lots of protein.

My coworker told me about this snack, buying want to wait until grapes are a little less expensive before I try it. She sprinkles some sugar-free grape Jello powder over a handful of grapes and freezes them.

I often eat string cheese and cucumbers when I'm at work. The soup is a good idea too!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »
White grapes are super yummy frozen

sweetonsno

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 04:58:21 AM »
Have you tried those Special K popped chips? They're yummo.

Do you like the Pointless Soup on WW? I make a version of it myself. If you want a protein kick, add some beans or put a bit of cheese on top (that will obviously end the no-point part).

A hard-boiled egg could be a good snack.

Ditto the extra variety of veggies: baby bell peppers, cucumber spears/slices, radish, jicima, etc. You could also make yourself a wrap using veggies and lettuce cups or large leaves (collard greens or something).

I agree with the suggestion of nuts (an excellent dip can be made of pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, and a bit of H2O in the food processor. . . it's sort of like aioli).

Have you tried the carrot flavor shakes? There's a bag of baby carrots with a little packet of seasoning and you shake 'em together. There's a bit of sodium in it, but it's low-cal and fabulously good.

Oh Joy

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »
Thursday: oatmeal (mix in a ziploc bag 2 part rolled oats, one part instant oats, pinch or more of cinamon, handful of craisins, sweetener if you like. when ready to eat, put three tablespoons in a cup, add boiling water and a little milk, cover and let it sit for about 5 minutes. yum and sooo filling).

I do this, too.  Goes to work well, and travels nicely (you can run plain water through your in-room coffee maker or pack a tiny immersion heater).  My only twist is that I put powdered milk in the baggie instead of adding fresh.  It's pretty adaptable to different fruits and spices as well...even a few chocolate chips!   ;D