Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Removing the "heat"

<< < (2/3) > >>

NyaChan:

--- Quote from: cicero on January 27, 2013, 02:38:36 AM ---if you don't mind losing the spices altogether, try rinsing the rice and then re-spicing with a less liberal hand.

--- End quote ---

Can you really do that?  Won't it ruin the rice?

sparksals:
Add more plain rice to it. 

You could also make it more of a rice casserole by adding some melted / softened cream cheese to it. 

JeseC:
Mix up a plain yogurt sauce.  It's pretty easy - mix plain yogurt, milk, and any desired seasonings until you get a thick liquid.  If you have any sweet spices that would go, use them.  Mix it with the rice.  Make sure to use regular yogurt, not low-fat!

cicero:

--- Quote from: NyaChan on January 27, 2013, 05:18:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: cicero on January 27, 2013, 02:38:36 AM ---if you don't mind losing the spices altogether, try rinsing the rice and then re-spicing with a less liberal hand.

--- End quote ---

Can you really do that?  Won't it ruin the rice?

--- End quote ---
I've done it. it doesn't always work but if my choices are "trash" or "try to save" then i tried to save. I rinsed and re-spiced.

Cat-Fu:
You can also try stirring in a little sugar and a generous amount of lime juice, or top it with sour cream. Another option is to cut up a potato and stir the slices in; remove them after it sits overnight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version