Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 377336 times)

Jocelyn

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2595 on: August 20, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »
Dinah Cat loved Christmas decorations. I would always hang a brass bell on the lowest, most accessible branch, for her to play with.
The first year after she died, I was sitting across the living room with Coraco on my lap, and the bell rang. Coraco looked at the tree, and her head snapped around to face me, with a look of 'Did you see THAT?' on her face. No draft in the room; we had a gravity-flow furnace, so there was no way for a breeze from the furnace to have caused the bell to move.
Several years later, we moved to a new home, and the first year there, the bell rang again. I think Dinah was just checking in to make sure that I knew that she had the power to do so. :) OTOH, I don't think that time runs the same way at the Bridge as it does here, so she's missed a few Christmases since then. But that's OK.

dorada

« Reply #2596 on: August 21, 2014, 07:31:27 PM »
Dorada, welcome!! Please (please!) share more of your experiences. I know I'm not the only one pwho would be interested!

thanks, jayhawk! I was just reading the new posts. I like when this thread gets a bump  :) I will be sure to come back with some more- the one I did post wasn't a 'ghost' story so I was afraid it didn't fit in here!

ellasaunt

« Reply #2597 on: August 22, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
I have a few.....occurrences I would like to share. A little background - our first child  was born sleeping.  All things are related to him.

- The day after he was delivered, our house filled with butterflies.  I was in the process of shutting the world out - all door and windows were closed.
- I live on the other side of the world to where I grew up, that is,  I now live in Europe,  I grew up Down Under. My grandfather was dying of cancer, we made the trip home to say goodbye. On the day he moved to Hospice, the exact species of butterfly that filled my house was on the side of Grandad's house. I saw it, and without thinking said to my mother " oh look,  Angelbaby has come for Grandad". Grandad died within  24 hours.
- Every year, the week of Angelbaby's anniversary,  there is always one butterfly in the house. They are never here otherwise except..
- my parents came for a visit at Christmas time. Butterfly appeared. Remember it is mid winter. Butterfly stayed until my parents left.
- Remember I said there is only one butterfly?  This year, my aunt passed away after a long illness. It was Angelbaby's anniversary week, so we had our annual butterfly.  Aunty passed on Friday evening,  Saturday morning we woke up and there are 2 butterflies.  It makes me smile to think they found each other - Aunty loved babies, and I know she will keep him safe.

One not related to Angelbaby - m Grandad meet DS (7) as a baby, but died before the others were born. The night I bought DS (3)  home from the hospital, I felt someone sit on the edge of the bed. I reached out, there was no-one there. Whoever or whatever it was stayed there until I said "he's fine, isn't he beautiful? " Whoever it was then left. I am sure it was Grandad checking out the new baby. It wasn't scary at all, it felt peaceful,  and I'm pleased he saw the baby.

Moonie

« Reply #2598 on: August 22, 2014, 03:46:04 PM »
Ellasaunt, that is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us.

gmatoy

« Reply #2599 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
Ellasaunt, that was so touching.

I just read a book that talked about our departed using certain things to reach out to us. One was chimes ringing when there was no wind or in one case...the chimes were laying on a table. I've read in the Guideposts magazine where a bird or a butterfly came  to let the survivor knew that their person was okay.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #2600 on: August 22, 2014, 04:47:12 PM »
Your post was so touching, Ellasaunt.  Thank you for sharing.

The Wild One, Forever

« Reply #2601 on: August 23, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
Your post was so touching, Ellasaunt.  Thank you for sharing.

That really was.  It was beautiful. 
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical