News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 23, 2017, 04:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 172243 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1920 on: February 21, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »
Only two taps this year, but they are flowing fast, we love to just drink the sap, 46 vitamins and minerals, very hydrating. (Web search "maple water is the new coconut water", and get your hands on some, or if you have a maple or two, go for it.)  :D

Word of warning:  don't drink too much.  A lot of sap will give you the runs...  (Voice of experience, here.)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

RevMaxx

« Reply #1921 on: February 21, 2017, 01:27:50 PM »
Only two taps this year, but they are flowing fast, we love to just drink the sap, 46 vitamins and minerals, very hydrating. (Web search "maple water is the new coconut water", and get your hands on some, or if you have a maple or two, go for it.)  :D

Word of warning:  don't drink too much.  A lot of sap will give you the runs...  (Voice of experience, here.)

OG, Maybe if some are prone, like apple cider affects some folks' guts. We chug and never had a problem, but if sensitive, then they should definitely heed your advice.
(I was gonna make maple punch for your wedding! Ooops, 'nother thread. ::) )
What sign was I born under you ask? Under the sign, "No Parking".

turtleIScream

« Reply #1922 on: February 21, 2017, 04:42:34 PM »
My MIL retired from teaching a couple of years ago, and gave our kids her entire classroom library (about 300 books.) I finally got around to sorting through them all, and got them labelled and organised by reading level. Everything above a 2nd grade level is now all boxed up, ready for our move next month.

I also did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and got some vacuuming done.

That was yesterday. Today, I met with the home inspector and realtor, cleaned out our screened porch, vacuumed some more, patched a hole in the wall, organised the basement storage room, and ordered new door bins for our fridge. And did a couple more loads of laundry.

Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1923 on: February 21, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »
Yesterday ended up being busier than I'd planned.  Made egg McMuffins for breakfast, tidied the freezers and removed anything that was just ice blocks, took the dogs for a really long walk, did the dishes, went to DF's parents and put his mom's tread climber together, made beer can chicken for dinner.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  A hot tub and early to bed, not that it did much good.

Baked a cake this morning; I still have to make the icing for it but I'm waiting for the butter to warm up.  It's for a buddy of DF's.  Got the great news that DF has an interview for a job in the field he's been trying to break into.  It's his first interview after quite a few applications.  So he has lots of studying to do.  I've pulled out his study materials and organized them a bit.

Tomorrow, I have a union meeting so I won't get too much done.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario