News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 26, 2016, 03:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Internet provider  (Read 496 times)

rainbowkitty

Internet provider
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:30:54 PM »
Not sure what folder this should be in - Mods please move if necessary.

When we changed our cable package it was mandatory that we take the new ROGERS IGNITE internet. There was nothing wrong with our old internet or modem but we were forced to change it. Since changing it back at the beginning of April we have had nothing but problems with my sons XBOX ...it keeps changing his NAT settings so he isn't able to play with his friends. I've had to call rogers techexperts 6 (SIX) times ....tonights guy looked at the settings and said not their issue - it's microsoft. We've been down that road at the beginning and it is certainly the new ignite modem (other techs have told us) ....so frustrated! ...We have finally come to the decision that it's time to look at other providers.  Any recommendations?  We are in Ontario Canada and need a high speed internet (loves of game playing and streaming) with unlimited internet.

BigBadBetty

Re: Internet provider
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:47:57 PM »
I don't know what is causing it, but have you tried posting the question in the reddit for your city? My guess is someone else has had this issue. Reddit is good place to find geeks.

Lady Tempest

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »
Rainbow Kitty, I sent you a PM.   8)

esteban

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:37:37 PM »
Depending on the router you are using that could be it as well.  My xbox gets kicked off chat at times for no reason, and the error code relates to the router, I'll replace it at some point but it still works otherwise.
The artist formerly known as deadbody