Author Topic: s/o boots - What Can You and Have You "Cheaped Out" On?  (Read 1499 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: s/o boots - What Can You and Have You "Cheaped Out" On?
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 04:23:52 PM »
Sports socks. I'm going to buy the bag of Hanes or whatever where I get six pairs for $5. I am not buying individual pairs at $8 each.

If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

daen

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 09:50:44 PM »
Sports socks. I'm going to buy the bag of Hanes or whatever where I get six pairs for $5. I am not buying individual pairs at $8 each.

I'm with you on that. And because it's nearly impossible for me to find black women's socks in multipacks, I now buy from the men's section. The ones I like are less expensive than a similar package of women's.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 10:54:29 PM »

I'm with you on that. And because it's nearly impossible for me to find black women's socks in multipacks, I now buy from the men's section. The ones I like are less expensive than a similar package of women's.

Same here.  I got a  pack of socks at Target for like $6.  Just plain white socks.  I like silly socks and I collect them when I find good ones, but for everyday wear at work and stuff, just plain white socks for me and I won't spend $8 a pair for them, either.
"After all this time?"
"Always."