News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 28, 2017, 07:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 198570 times)

snowfire

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1995 on: June 16, 2017, 12:26:35 AM »
o_gal, I do understand, but some of the stuff they tossed was almost identical to stuff they kept. <shrug> I'm still going through the bags...lots and lots of bags...The sale starts tomorrow.

Yesterday DH & I finished touching up the trim wood around the 2 new patio doors we installed and the floor molding that had to come up when we replaced the kitchen, laundry and entry floors. My 90 year old Mom came over & ran the shop vac in the living/dining room & master bedroom.  Even though I had swept & had a bag on it, we had to knock the crud of the main filter half a dozen times. While she was running the vac, I started painting Kilz ( a sealer & stain blocker paint) on the floors in the three small bedrooms. I got the whole house covered with one coat, probably about 1200 square feet, but I'm going to have to hit some areas a few more times. I'm not sure what the tenants did in one bedroom, 50/50 on rebuilt an engine or slaughtered a pig.  ;D  :o  I want those stains covered before the carpet goes down.  Also  >:( that I broke the head of my favorite extension pole off in the roller.  I can get a new roller cheap but that darn pole was expensive!

z_squared82

« Reply #1996 on: June 16, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
Well, I finally got my corner, tension-rod shower caddy installed. It wasn't nearly as complicated as I was anticipating.

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #1997 on: June 16, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
There's a local charity drive collecting new and used school supplies and bags/backpacks.  I'll be dropping off a bunch of my kids' too-small backpacks today.

Girlie

« Reply #1998 on: June 16, 2017, 10:25:38 AM »
Our company newsletter hasn't been published in over a year. Staffing changes in the team that was supposed to issue them put the project on the backburner.

Today, I published the June edition in our first-ever electronic format and have gotten very positive feedback. :)

gmatoy

« Reply #1999 on: June 16, 2017, 09:03:01 PM »
Made a pancake breakfast. Went to the oncologist's office for an appointment with the nurse practitioner. Made an appointment for in 3 months. Came home and crashed.

turtleIScream

« Reply #2000 on: June 16, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »
Got the remaining staging furniture and decor moved out of the old house.

Set up most of the items in the new house, and started hanging artwork. We're only about halfway through, but it's finally starting to look like home.

Actually made dinner instead of grabbing take-out.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

cicero

« Reply #2001 on: June 19, 2017, 04:47:56 AM »
Sunday:
two gym classes - total cardio sculpt and vinyasa yoga.
Two loads of laundry.
Cleaned out part of my closet -threw out mix matched socks, old undies, things I never wear etc.(some for the trash and some to donate(.
Cooked for the week.
Cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2002 on: June 19, 2017, 06:05:33 AM »
slept for nearly six hours. (yes this is an accomplishment, i've been ill)

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #2003 on: June 26, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
Just made two batches of breakfast sausage. I started with some lean pork shoulder and ground in some very not-lean pork belly. 1/2 was seasoned with lots of garlic*, salt, and a touch of black pepper and cayenne. The other was sage, oregano, onion, pepper, salt and cayenne. The oregano was an accident. I grabbed it without checking and kept wondering why the sausage didn't smell/taste like sage. It turns out that the combination works well.

* A blend of Penzey's Roasted Garlic and Garlic Powder. I also make a popcorn seasoning with those two.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.