News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• February 01, 2015, 05:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1924838 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #19290 on: Yesterday at 04:52:43 PM »
A very close friend lost his battle to live today. Over the past three days, I've sent several messages to more distant mutual friends, to let them know just in case they wanted to see him.

Now, after he's gone, I'm getting messages from these people asking me why I didn't contact them. I give up.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #19291 on: Yesterday at 05:28:41 PM »
I love crockpots though. Dump it all in one dish and GO! :D

Except for the crockpot recipes that start off with something like "Dice an onion, saut for several minutes until translucent, add garlic, (blah blah blah)" ... THEN add everything to a crockpot.  Unless I can dump every last ingredient into the crockpot, turn it on, and then forget about it, I can't be bothered!

I will brown hamburger if I'm making chili or spaghetti sauce because I want to be able to taste it.  But that's about as far as I go with crock pot recipes that require cooking ingredients before adding them to the crockpot.  If I'm making a roast with a recipe that consists of roast, can of cream of mushroom soup, and two tablespoons of ranch dressing mix, I just dump it all into the crockpot.  This recipe makes marvelous gravy if the drippings are combined with sour cream once the roast is finished.  I don't brown the roast, but I do cook it on high for about six hours, turning it a couple of times, then turn it to low until Mr. Sirius gets home.  Yum, especially with mashed potatoes.   However, I don't taste what's in the crockpot if I put the meat in raw.   

One recipe I do I call "chili cheating."  It's one can each of several different varieties of chili, e.g. hot, thick, original, onion, cheese, without beans, etc plus a can or two of tomatoes, like one of Italian and one of chili-seasoned.  This makes a good sized pot of chili, and after being cooked in a crockpot all day it's almost as good as homemade.  I found this in an article about making dinner with dollar-store ingredients, and I've tweaked it to suit us.  Very easy and very cheap.  At least, we like it, and leftovers freeze well. 

mmswm

« Reply #19292 on: Yesterday at 05:54:46 PM »
There's apparently been a city wide run on multiplication flash cards.

Edited for complete words.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:00:35 PM by mmswm »
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #19293 on: Yesterday at 06:09:35 PM »
I lost several hours (probably at least three - forgot to keep track of time!) to translating and typesetting a comic for a new fandom, and no one's even looked at it. :'(
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #19294 on: Yesterday at 06:23:59 PM »
I lost several hours (probably at least three - forgot to keep track of time!) to translating and typesetting a comic for a new fandom, and no one's even looked at it. :'(

*perks up* Comic? Translated? Which one and where? :)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #19295 on: Yesterday at 06:25:51 PM »

*perks up* Comic? Translated? Which one and where? :)

I'll PM you! :)
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."