Author Topic: New Windows Office?  (Read 462 times)

redcat

New Windows Office?
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »
I've been thinking of updating my Office (I'm still running 2003!).  Looking at Microsoft's web page, they have Office Home and Student 2013 for £110, which would have everything I want.  But they also have Office 365, either Home or Personal, for only £80 or £60, which can do more stuff and be downloaded to more devices.  So what's the catch?  Why is the better (?) package so much cheaper?  I can't help but feel I'm missing something.

clio917

Re: New Windows Office?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
To my knowledge, Office 365 is a yearly subscription while 2013 is the regular one payment and you own the software forever.

redcat

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
Ah, I think I'm confusing the yearly subscription price with a one time price!  Thanks!

nayberry

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »
or try Open office, free to use fully compatible :)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
I use Open Office on my laptop and it works fine- frankly, it's less annoying than Windows!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

BigBadBetty

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
I have Office 2010 on my personal laptop. (My work bought it for me so I can work from home if necessary.) I usually use Google docs. It's compatible with MS Office. It's free and I can access my documents from my phone and tablet. The only nice thing about the subscription to Office 365 is that you always the latest version. However, MS Office ages gracefully. I have found no reason to update even though I could get my employer would pay.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread.  I need help with this as well.  Every time I try to open a document it takes me to a box that asks if I want to purchase it, activate it, or whatever, which I have already done!  Phooey!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.