Author Topic: Bumper Sticker Humor & Cat People  (Read 1333 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: Bumper Sticker Humor & Cat People
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »
My bumper sticker used to say "Who are these kids and why are they calling  me 'Mom?'"  I saw a lot of people point and laugh when they saw it in a parking lot, and several actually took pictures!

The backstory is that all of our daughters' friends called us Mom and Dad.  Our house was where they all gathered.  :)  We didn't mind -- that way, we knew where our kids were and what they were doing!  ;)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »
I have the Star Wars sets. I'm Boba Fett, DH is Lord Vader and DS is a Storm Trooper. The cats are mouse droids.

Jocelyn

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 11:44:03 PM »

The backstory is that all of our daughters' friends called us Mom and Dad.  Our house was where they all gathered.  :)  We didn't mind -- that way, we knew where our kids were and what they were doing!  ;)
A few years ago, my niece's next door neighbor became very sick one night, and called her for help. My niece and sister decided that the best way to handle it was for my niece to keep the children at her home, while my sister drove the neighbor to the hospital.
In the ER, the nurse asked the neighbor if she wanted her to get anyone from the waiting room to sit with her while she was waiting in the treatment cubicle, and if so, what name should the nurse call for. The neighbor was immensely embarrassed to admit that she had no idea what my sister's name was...she only knew her as Nana.