A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Reading/Book Pet Peeves

<< < (438/487) > >>

Venus193:

--- Quote from: Winterlight on August 22, 2014, 11:24:34 AM ---I have a basement apartment so if I choose to wear a ball gown or my birthday suit, nobody's going to see. If you're in a city apartment several stories up, that might be more of an issue.

--- End quote ---

I actually have some posters mounted on board that I put in front of my living room windows to block out the sun.  The building behind me is the same height, so I could sit naked in my living room if I wanted to.

lady_disdain:
Someone recommended Juliet's Nurse to me - basically, telling the story of Juliet's nurse from Romeo and Juliet. It is not meant as a parody but as a serious retelling, expanding on all that was going on in the background. I head over to Amazon and I find out that the Nurse had been hired by the "Capelletti". Sorry, I am not interested in reading about pasta.

http://www.amazon.com/Juliets-Nurse-Novel-Lois-Leveen/dp/1476757445

dawnfire:
Saying that people could not decide if twin sisters were fraternal or identical when when one was blond with grey eyes and the other had brown hair and green eyes.

cabbagegirl28:

--- Quote from: dawnfire on September 23, 2014, 07:39:25 PM ---Saying that people could not decide if twin sisters were fraternal or identical when when one was blond with grey eyes and the other had brown hair and green eyes.

--- End quote ---

*facepalm* That's almost as bad as the time someone got into a fight with me over what type of twins violinp and I were. Yes, someone tried to argue with me about whether I was a fraternal or identical twin.

Jocelyn:

--- Quote from: cabbagegirl28 on September 23, 2014, 07:41:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: dawnfire on September 23, 2014, 07:39:25 PM ---Saying that people could not decide if twin sisters were fraternal or identical when when one was blond with grey eyes and the other had brown hair and green eyes.

--- End quote ---

*facepalm* That's almost as bad as the time someone got into a fight with me over what type of twins violinp and I were. Yes, someone tried to argue with me about whether I was a fraternal or identical twin.

--- End quote ---
My mother once met a woman who insisted that she had an identical twin brother.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version