Author Topic: S/O Gel Nails  (Read 300 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
S/O Gel Nails
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:23:50 PM »
The post in the other thread about someone thinking Gel Nails referred to real metal nails, reminded me of the time I almost bought a magazine titled "Windows" thinking it would help us with the carpentry of replacing windows in our house.  This was pre-computer for us and I had no idea it was a book about an operating system.   :P

Anyone else confused by crossed over terms?
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

CharlieBraun

Re: S/O Gel Nails
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
When I was married to my first husband, the song "Put Me In Coach" was popular.  It's a baseball song, a player pleading with his coach to be put into the game.  At this time, I was also traveling very frequently, and had a lot of airline miles under my belt.

When I first heard it, I listened with half an ear, then when they got to the refrain, asked "Why would anyone ask to be put in coach?  Why wouldn't they keep their upgrade seat in first?"  He almost drove off the road - down by Candlestick Park, IIRC - laughing at me.
"We ate the pies."

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O Gel Nails
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:03:30 PM »
When I was married to my first husband, the song "Put Me In Coach" was popular.  It's a baseball song, a player pleading with his coach to be put into the game.  At this time, I was also traveling very frequently, and had a lot of airline miles under my belt.

When I first heard it, I listened with half an ear, then when they got to the refrain, asked "Why would anyone ask to be put in coach?  Why wouldn't they keep their upgrade seat in first?"  He almost drove off the road - down by Candlestick Park, IIRC - laughing at me.
That's funny!  I can see why you might think that, though!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.