Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

My multi-cake idea was a HUGE success!

<< < (8/10) > >>

Sophia:
I am so glad this worked out.  This had been in the plan for my wedding. 

Then I found a great bakery where I could get the cake I wanted for 70 people for around $80.  An old-fashioned 3-tier cake with the layers stacked directly on top and real buttercream.  Sometimes it pays to not care about fashion. 

CakeEater:

--- Quote from: Sophia on January 31, 2013, 11:22:33 PM ---I am so glad this worked out.  This had been in the plan for my wedding. 

Then I found a great bakery where I could get the cake I wanted for 70 people for around $80.  An old-fashioned 3-tier cake with the layers stacked directly on top and real buttercream.  Sometimes it pays to not care about fashion. 

--- End quote ---

That is super cheap! Be careful you don't end up with a cake wrecks cake.  :)

Sophia:

--- Quote from: CakeEater on January 31, 2013, 11:45:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sophia on January 31, 2013, 11:22:33 PM ---I am so glad this worked out.  This had been in the plan for my wedding. 

--- End quote ---

That is super cheap! Be careful you don't end up with a cake wrecks cake.  :)

--- End quote ---

Oh, no.  It was amazing!  And it tasted good too.  I think the price was that it was ordered as a "anniversary cake", that it wasn't fashionable fondant and the decorating specifications were "offwhite buttercream decorations on offwhite buttercream frosting.  No dots and some white flowers on top." 

We were also supposed to pick it up that morning. But, he decided to leave his shop early to deliver another wedding cake, and my place was on the way, so he delivered it. 

Miss Unleaded:
This thread needs pictures!   :D

I'mnotinsane:
Perhaps a small sign next to each cake stating that "cake servers will be delivered during the cake cutting ceremony."  It would be a signal that guests were being asked to wait but using positive language. 

I personally would not have cut the cake unless told to do so.  It still is a centerpiece.  Guests are often urged to take a centerpiece-sometimes it is awarded as a prize. Sometimes they are not given out.  They belong to the HC.  Even if it was up for grabs I would wait until after the cake cutting as that signals the (beginning of the) end of the reception.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version