General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Publicizing a quiet(ish) un-friending. I should stay out of it, right?

<< < (2/3) > >>

peaches:

--- Quote from: CluelessBride on January 28, 2013, 01:30:04 AM ---I don't want to get involved in this argument.
--- End quote ---

I agree with the sentiment above. Don't get involved in this.

About unfriending, when you unfriend someone on Facebook, it's because you don't want to hear from them, or about them, anymore. At least, that's the assumption I make.

Winterlight:
I'd stay out of it. Neither of them is "right" here- Susan for telling him to unfriend her instead of quietly doing it, John for dragging others into it.

Auntie Mame:
Oh boy!  Stay with your first gut reactiom.  Ignore this situation and pretend and it never ever happened.

And wow, it always shocks me when hear about supposed adults pulling stuff like this.   :o

Sharnita:
If Susan posted a "goodby cruel thread" post and then defriended him, there are probably some people who would have figured it out, whether he mentioned it or not. 

CluelessBride:
Thanks for the reassurances, everyone!  I will definitely follow my original instinct and stay out of it.

--- Quote from: peaches on January 28, 2013, 11:30:07 AM ---About unfriending, when you unfriend someone on Facebook, it's because you don't want to hear from them, or about them, anymore. At least, that's the assumption I make.

--- End quote ---

This is a really good point, and it makes me feel much better.

The good news is, my only real relationship with John is through facebook and my only relationship with Susan is through friend's on facebook. So by not saying anything I am practically 100% guaranteed to stay out of the drama. And you all have helped me convince myself that doing nothing and staying out of it isn't a selfish course of action. But in fact a reasonable and wise course for all involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version