Author Topic: OrGreenic frying pan  (Read 950 times)

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
OrGreenic frying pan
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
I've seen the "OrGreenic" frying pan advertised a lot on TV.  Curious if anyone has one and how you like it.

I checked and it seems reviews are mixed.  I ordered one and it arrived today.  I'll be careful to season/treat it prior to use.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: OrGreenic frying pan
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »
I have a generic ceramic coated pan from BJ's Wholesale Club, and I love it. No info on the Orgreenic, though.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

diesel_darlin

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:19:17 PM »
We have an orgreenic pan. I really like it. It is really easy to clean!

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »
I know a guy who brought two and he likes it.  I was thinking about getting one, but don't really need it at this time.

oceanus

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »
rose red, I don't use frying pans a lot but the one I do use most was in really bad shape (bad enough to discard) so I decided to get the OrGreenic. 

Arrynne

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »
My FIL loves his.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
I asked for, and got, one for Christmas.  You really do have to season it the way the directions indicate, but after that you truly can cook without oil/butter!  It mostly makes a difference for things where you'd normally use the oil to lubricate the pan (like with eggs).  You can also forget to wash the pan for two days and still just brush any residue out.  I don't know yet whether it will get cut up as easily as our nonstick pans have (despite my best efforts to never use metal cooking tools on them), but so far I love it.

oceanus

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Startibartfast.  Well, I seasoned it exactly as the instructions told me to.  So, we'll see. :)

I was a bit surprised to see lots of positive reviews online, but also a lot of bad ones where people seemed angry and advised "keep your money".   :-\

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
I have one of the 'GreenPans' you can get from QVC and from Publix - the large frying pan is scorched beyond recognition (still not sure how I did it!) but still functional, and the tiny one I use for DP's morning eggs is in perfect condition after six months of daily egg frying. I don't use the small one for ANYTHING else - that's I think how I ruined the big one.

auntmeegs

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
I have one and I absolutely LOVE it, so I definitely recommend picking one up.  They are really cheap, too, for how awesome they are. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »
I posted about the same thing a month or so ago because I, too, read a lot of mixed reviews.  I think a lot of the bad reviews were from people who didn't season it properly (if at all).  I'm glad to hear so many E-Hellions liked theirs because we are still strongly considering getting one.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

oceanus

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »
Used mine a couple times and so far, I really like it.  Cleanup is a breeze!  :)