Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Can a person RSVP Yes x 1/2?

<< < (2/6) > >>

NyaChan:
If it makes a difference at all, the invite was billed as a dinner & game.  Last year the host had chili with a bunch of sides and a signature cocktail for the event.  That said, I remember two people coming, eating, and leaving at the last one so maybe that's what they were thinking of in reverse. 

katycoo:

--- Quote from: NyaChan on January 28, 2013, 07:41:14 PM ---If it makes a difference at all, the invite was billed as a dinner & game.  Last year the host had chili with a bunch of sides and a signature cocktail for the event.  That said, I remember two people coming, eating, and leaving at the last one so maybe that's what they were thinking of in reverse.

--- End quote ---

Sit down dinner, or food will be cooked, set out and people can fill plates and watch the game as they choose?  The formality makes a difference.  Is one person not eating dinner going to be awkward for the others like if would be around a dining table?

NyaChan:
She doesn't have a dining table actually.  I've been over when it was just me and we ate at the island that has two stools.  When there are more people, she puts out food on that counter when it's time & we all take our food to her living room area where there are couches/chairs/tv to eat.  So I guess there is really no formal dining in the official sense at her apartment?  I don't have a table like that either since I live alone too, so I'm not really sure how others would think of it.   

katycoo:
Based on your description, I think its fine.  Ideally the person should be able to tell the host whether they plan to eat dinner at their party on not (and therefore be present at time of food serving) but I don't see a problem.

Hmmmmm:
I think it is fine. At other Super Bowl parties I've been to, there is always munchies but then a heavier dinner served during half time.  A few occasions, all the food was set out for people to eat when they wanted.  But I really think this is the type of party where people can come and go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version