General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Am I rude in my "defriending"?

<< < (2/7) > >>

katycoo:
It is never rude to defriend anyone for any reason.  FB isn't in person.  You don't need to justify how you use it.

JacklynHyde:

--- Quote from: mmswm on January 28, 2013, 09:48:06 PM ---As long as you don't defriend me, we're all good.   ;)

Seriously though, no, it's not rude to defriend somebody to whom you feel no connection.

--- End quote ---

MM, I would NEVER defriend you.  You have my cell phone number and could track me down.  :P

I wanted to check on this because several of the threads on here made it seem like a FB defriending or Twitter unfollowing was the equivalent of a Cut Direct.  Honestly, if a person I've defriended makes a second request, I add them again and leave them on my list (unless they commit the sin of spamming me with their home businesses).  That's an effort.  It's nothing personal.  Heck, it's completely impersonal.

Cami:

--- Quote from: katycoo on January 28, 2013, 10:33:08 PM ---It is never rude to defriend anyone for any reason.  FB isn't in person.  You don't need to justify how you use it.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that rudeness can only happen in person?

Fleur:

--- Quote from: Cami on January 29, 2013, 12:18:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: katycoo on January 28, 2013, 10:33:08 PM ---It is never rude to defriend anyone for any reason.  FB isn't in person.  You don't need to justify how you use it.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that rudeness can only happen in person?

--- End quote ---

No, she's saying it is not rude to defriend because it is not the same as cutting someone off in person (I think) One can be rude online, for sure, but just quietly defriending someone is not rude.

Giggity:

--- Quote from: JacklynHyde on January 28, 2013, 09:24:55 PM ---Is it rude to defriend someone you've known for years but haven't seen in half that time?
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I see how it'd be rude?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version