A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Portland Street Signs

<< < (5/5)

Minmom3:

--- Quote from: SiotehCat on January 30, 2013, 01:44:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on January 30, 2013, 10:12:51 AM ---Actually, I don't find vandalism of public property, particularly messing with safety signs, terribly witty.

--- End quote ---

I agree.

--- End quote ---

Well, I agree and disagree.  The alterations look like a cling on, which means they will most likely come right off at some point.  PLUS, you still know it's a stop sign, it's like a stop sign pun.  You KNOW you're supposed to stop, and scofflaws aren't any more likely to fail to stop because it says poop instead of stop, than they are to run it in the first place.  I think it's amusing and harmless - in THIS instance.  Here, I don't think it's vandalism.  And it makes people laugh and talk about it, and raising awareness of colon cancer isn't a bad thing...  Real vandalism, where damage is permanent and will cost somebody money to return to 'normal' is different than I think this particular case is.

delabela:
Perhaps I'm juvenile, but it would make me laugh if I drove by (it does make a difference to me that it doesn't change the efficacy of the sign).

demarco:
I don't think the sign is all that funny and I think that someone, eventually is going to be confused by it.  It 's not worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version