Author Topic: Flaky Friend: Is this worth cutting our friendship over? Update #31,#56  (Read 14558 times)

BuffaloFang

Re: Flaky Friend: Is this worth cutting our friendship over? Update #31,#56
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2013, 11:46:19 PM »
Sheesh.  BuffaloFang, you are obviously intimidated by this nasty woman - that sticks out like a sore thumb.  If others are out money because of her, you have no right to make such a decision. I have no idea why you texted her or why you're "disappointed" that the so-called "friendship" is over. (I'm not asking - just commenting.)  Your behavior regarding this woman has been .........strange.  I'm sure if you keep texting her she'll find another way to use you.  Good luck with all that.  ::)

She has mailed various other people in the group checks as well.  I'm not sure where she came up with her monetary amounts (it doesn't actually add up to anything that I can understand).  As far as my behavior toward her, as I explained in the first post, she used to be one of my best friends.  She is a good friend in every way except reliability on plans.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2013, 09:25:43 AM »
And I am sure that is your friend's internal justification for her behavior:

1.  I am a very good friend, very loyal and understanding.

2.  I have a very stressful job which can make demands of my time at unexpected moments.

3.  I had to drop out of this event because of my job, and my friends (who I have stood beside in the past) won't cut me a break.

Except, it wasn't this event.  It is every event.  Friends do cut each other a break, but when it is every time, and the same flaky behavior, even the best friend will start to get annoyed.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 10:57:27 AM »
Sheesh.  BuffaloFang, you are obviously intimidated by this nasty woman - that sticks out like a sore thumb.  If others are out money because of her, you have no right to make such a decision. I have no idea why you texted her or why you're "disappointed" that the so-called "friendship" is over. (I'm not asking - just commenting.)  Your behavior regarding this woman has been .........strange.  I'm sure if you keep texting her she'll find another way to use you.  Good luck with all that.  ::)

She has mailed various other people in the group checks as well.  I'm not sure where she came up with her monetary amounts (it doesn't actually add up to anything that I can understand).  As far as my behavior toward her, as I explained in the first post, she used to be one of my best friends.  She is a good friend in every way except reliability on plans.

BuffaloFang, now I'm getting a clearer picture.  (Still not a favorable one, but clearer.)  Okay, so she mailed the others a check.  I apologize for sounding harsh; I could have chosen my words more carefully.  However, I would find her exasperating, but that's me.

This is a rather lengthy thread.  You did post and ask for feedback, and members have given it to you.  Take it for what it's worth and do what you feel is best for you.  That's all you can do.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:02:31 AM by oceanus »

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
I think BuffaloFang finds her exasperating too.