General Etiquette > Life...in general

Wearing shades indoors

(1/11) > >>

Sign Of The Times:
Sometimes I go to the grocery store for the pharmacy and only that. This often happens on a sunny day, so I'm wearing my prescription shades. When I go in, I could either swap out my glasses (hassle) or go without (fuzzy), but I prefer to just leave them on.

Someone told me it's rude to wear them indoors. I replied that that's only for hats, but she says no. What's the rule on sunglasses?

sweetonsno:
I vote "weird." I don't think it's rude in most cases, though it does interfere with one's ability to look you in the eye. It would only be creepy if combined with some other sketchy behavior. I can't say that I think it is neutral, though. Unless you've just had your eyes dilated at the optometrist (do they even do that any more?), it doesn't strike me as a very practical decision. I'd probably assume that the person doing it was trying to look cool.

Sign Of The Times:

--- Quote from: sweetonsno on January 30, 2013, 04:32:05 PM ---I vote "weird." I don't think it's rude in most cases, though it does interfere with one's ability to look you in the eye. It would only be creepy if combined with some other sketchy behavior. I can't say that I think it is neutral, though. Unless you've just had your eyes dilated at the optometrist (do they even do that any more?), it doesn't strike me as a very practical decision. I'd probably assume that the person doing it was trying to look cool.

--- End quote ---
I don't suppose we have any pharmacists here? Because I'm wondering if there's some special stigma (socially not optically) inherent with shades when trying to pick up prescription pills. Anyone?

gorplady:
It doesn't matter to me. You may have a reason to wear them.

It's good to be Queen:
I quite often wear my sunglasses inside stores in the summer because I have forgotten my regular glasses in the car. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version