Author Topic: Should I?  (Read 1176 times)

Mysticpizza

Should I?
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »
Have been thinking a lot about an old friend, one I haven't spoken to in years. She was a work friend that threw me a lovely bridal work shower more than 30 years ago. We never had a falling out, just lost touch. I had kids, she didn't.  Last time I saw her, her MIL had passed. I went to the funeral. Said we'd get together, didn't happen. Well, many years later, she's on my mind, for some reason. Should I try to call? Or just let it go.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: Should I?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »
I see no reason not to.  If she isn't interested in meeting up she will either turn you down, or be vague.  But your intentions are good, so go with them.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
I don't see a down side in contacting her.

I emailed a friend I've had no contact with in 4 years except Xmas cards on Monday.  We are having lunch on Saturday.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »
No harm in trying.  You never know what might happen.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »
why not? i've reconnected to some people from my past thru FB. it's nice to reconnect. and if it doesn't work? well, at least you'll know.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
Yes!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:39 PM »
Yes, indeed.  My friend from school/ early adulthood called me last year and I was thrilled to hear from her.  She called again the other day and now that I have her number, I will be calling her soon. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
Sure. Why not?

The worst that can happen is that she doesn't respond. (If this happens, don't worry about it. She may have "things" going on in her life where she's not interested in contacting anybody new . . . not just you.)

The best that can happen is a rekindled friendship.