Author Topic: Unbelievable! People who don't get it...  (Read 6507 times)

LeveeWoman

Re: Unbelievable! People who don't get it...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
What's that word around here, whackaloon?

Mel is a whackaloon.

weeblewobble

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »
And she does not care one bit about the proposal happening in a "house of dear friends".  She wants him to propose in the uber cool with a pool house!  There are many ways to be surrounded by friends during a proposal that don't hinge on being at the House of Awesome.

I keep thinking of The Bachelor.  She wants a prefab proposal at a really nice house that she nor her friends own. If I was the BF, I wouldn't appreciate her machinations.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »
There are some people who seem to believe that if they say something often enough and loudly enough, it will become true.  Sometimes I wonder if it ever works for them.  You wouldn't think so, but if not, why do they keep doing it?
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
There are some people who seem to believe that if they say something often enough and loudly enough, it will become true.  Sometimes I wonder if it ever works for them.  You wouldn't think so, but if not, why do they keep doing it?

Because it worked for them when they were children?

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 03:11:38 PM »
Let's see, it's not my house, it's not your house, but you're a huge meanie because you won't let me stay in the fabulous house that's not yours. Mel, is all kinds of special isn't she?  ::)

Exactly!  Why couldn't Lara have offered to rent another house after finding out how important this is?   :o ::)

Why couldn't Lara buy the house and give it to Mel as an early wedding present?

/eyeroll
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

doodlemor

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 03:50:06 PM »
I think that Mel also wants a free vacation in luxurious surroundings. 

Lara should beware.  Mel will probably contact her again about coming to the house after Lara and bf are actually living there. 

I suspect that this is not the end of the story.  Lara the "people pleaser" needs a spine implant ASAP.

Amava

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
Anyone starting to feel sorry for the poor BF who not only has a GF who thinks she's the center of the universe, but (if she's right) is about to end up spending months dealing with a total Bridezillastein?

Not me. His choice, his problem.

msulinski

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
Mel:  I really wish you understood how important this is to us.  You should talk to the owner and try to move earlier.

The above line indicates that Mel is paying attention and completely understands the issue with the dates. She just doesn't care, and wants Lara to rearrange her life.

Cz. Burrito

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
And she does not care one bit about the proposal happening in a "house of dear friends".  She wants him to propose in the uber cool with a pool house!  There are many ways to be surrounded by friends during a proposal that don't hinge on being at the House of Awesome.

I keep thinking of The Bachelor.  She wants a prefab proposal at a really nice house that she nor her friends own. If I was the BF, I wouldn't appreciate her machinations.

I would have been so tempted to call her bluff.  "Oh, well if it would mean that much to you for this special occasion to happen in a friend's home, you're more than welcome to visit us in our [boring/cramped/regular] abode in March so that your boyfriend can propose!"

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
CRUD MONKEYS!, is Mel my special snowflake sister?

Mel does get it - that's why she followed up with a phone call.  Lara is the one who doesn't get it, Mel is a very, very, special snowflake and Lara should make EVERY effort to please her.   Red flag to the BF - Bridezilla warning.

Lara should grow a spine she is going to need one if she stays friends with Mel.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »
Lara needs a spine. (Heck, everyone needs a spine.) But I don't know if I'd want to remain friends with this whackaloon.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »

Exactly what I thought about the bolded.

But then I kept waiting for the punch line for Mel to follow up with "no, I mean March 2014, not in two months, silly" and wondering why this wasn't being posted in the Brain Hurt thread. 

I think Lara needs to call Mel up and say they plan to be visiting her local next week and ask where she is currently living and then explain it's not nice enough for how Lara envisioned and Mel needs to move some place nicer. Preferably one that has both a view of the Atlantic ocean, the Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

Exactly what I thought about the bolded.

But then I kept waiting for the punch line for Mel to follow up with "no, I mean March 2014, not in two months, silly" and wondering why this wasn't being posted in the Brain Hurt thread. 

I think Lara needs to call Mel up and say they plan to be visiting her local next week and ask where she is currently living and then explain it's not nice enough for how Lara envisioned and Mel needs to move some place nicer. Preferably one that has both a view of the Atlantic ocean, the Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore.

In Key West near the mountains......sheesh......
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Emmy

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:27 PM »

I agree.  If a proposal in the house of dear friends was so important to her, why doesn't she visit Lara's current place in March and get engaged there?

I'm just flabbergasted that somebody would demand that a friend lease a house 4 months earlier than planned to accommodate her dream proposal.   First of all, that may not even be possible due to other residents in the house.  Secondly, expecting people to change their living accommodations to suit you is the ultimate SS.

Jocelyn

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:51 PM »
I am reminded of the thread where a bride had to 'evict' another bridal party which was blocking her wedding by posing for pictures. No, they hadn't been married at the site, they just thought it would make for a pretty backdrop for their wedding pictures.
I think Mel is just thinking about what pretty engagement pictures she could have, posed by the lovely pool.