News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 23, 2017, 02:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advice dealing with retail store and lost package  (Read 1534 times)

shabby

Re: Advice dealing with retail store and lost package
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 04:44:47 AM »
How do you lose a Christmas tree?

Probably the same way they lost my BED.

:o  :o :o :o

dking99

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 11:33:51 AM »
So guess what showed up at my door yesterday.... I emailed the retail company to have them pick it up - the shipping company wouldn't take it back unless the shipper approved the return to sender. Retail company told me to keep it or donate it to charity. I feel guilty now.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 12:54:46 PM »
Not your fault at all!  Do not feel guilty.

I really like their suggestion to donate it to charity.  Take it to your local women's shelter.  They can either use it themselves to brighten the place up for the residents or they can give it to someone just getting back on their feet in their own place to create their own Christmas.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 01:05:38 PM »
Sometimes shipping issues happen. There's nothing to feel guilty about. My story:

A few years back I decided I wanted a treadmill. I found one I liked on Walmart.com (it was a web-only special) and it was a good price so I ordered it. When it arrived and I started to assemble it, I noticed a flaw. I contacted Walmart and they said they would send another one and to have the return ready to be picked up. The new one arrived, the old one left, and I went to assemble the new one. Same flaw. Same exchange, and so on.

I'm pretty sure it took about five times returning it that they said they were cancelling the transaction, refunding my money and to keep the one that I had. By this point my DH took a look. It was definitely defective, but he's a handy guy. He was able to fix it in less than 30 minutes. To this day I still have it and (...errr....occasionally) use it. I don't feel guilty; I was paying for a product and I expected it to be in brand new condition. I'm just lucky my DH knew what to do!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!