Author Topic: HS Graduation Announcements Tissue Paper  (Read 6937 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
HS Graduation Announcements Tissue Paper
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:19 PM »
I'm working on ordering my DD's graduation announcements.  The basic announcement comes wtih the announcement with the inner and outer cards.  Then you order their name cards separately to be placed inside.  There is also an option for tissue paper.  They only offer one style which, honestly, has so much printing on it, it looks tacky.  My options are to just forgo tissue paper or buy tissue paper separately.  I'm pretty sure there will be no potential for bleeding of the print which was the original intention of tissue inserts.

Would you notice if you received a graduation announcement without the inner tissue paper? 

guihong

• Super Hero!
Re: HS Graduation Announcements Tissue Paper
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »
I probably wouldn't even notice.  I've also never seen such formal announcements-only the kind like a seating card.

SouthernBelle

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
Formal announcements are standard here.

I wouldn't worry about the tissue.

mandycorn

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
The company the local high schools go through offers the tissue paper and I'd say it's about 50/50 as to whether it gets included or not. It's definitely fine to skip it, in my opinion.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

audrey1962

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »
Would you notice if you received a graduation announcement without the inner tissue paper?

No, I would not notice.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »
The tissue paper dates from the days when engraving was your only technology option, and it did smudge. It used to have a practical function, and nowadays it absolutely doesn't.

Skip it. Nobody will notice.

magicdomino

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
Tissue paper?  What tissue paper?   ;)

There probably are people out there who would notice the lack of a tissue liner.  Most probably don't know why it was used in the first place, much less notice its presence.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
Yeah, concensus.  I'm skipping.  DD will be thrilled because I gave her an "allowance" for graduation stuff and skipping saves her $24.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »
I'd notice.  I may not hold it against the graduate, but it would be something that would get my attention when I opened it, because it is a traditional part of the announcement.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 06:58:25 PM »
It's not something I would necessarily "miss" but announcements with the tissue just look so much nicer, IMO.

Eeep!

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
It honestly wouldn't occur to me that it is missing. But then I haven't really been the recipient of any anouncements lately - except my cousin's son's and that one was a photo one so not "formal".
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Aeris

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
I can safely say that I have never once in my life noticed whether any invitation or announcement of any kind (wedding, graduation, bar mitzvah) has ever had tissue paper.

Dalek

• Am not amused!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 07:55:07 PM »
I would not notice. I also would not hold it against the graduate.
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »
Agree you should skip it.  I can't remember the last time I saw an invitation or announcement with tissue or that I even thought about it (and I've received several over the past few years).  That $24 is best spent elsewhere.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
I wouldn't notice this any more than I would notice the absence of a corset at a winter formal. The reason for it even happening is gone, so now it's just a waste of paper.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah