Author Topic: What Is the Best Compliment You Received from a Stranger  (Read 3804 times)

Jaelle

Re: What Is the Best Compliment You Received from a Stranger
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »
Just last week I was talking with the mother of my son's prom date.  "You know," she said, "as a parent of a girl, I worry about their prom date.  I wasn't worried about anything with J.  I can tell he was raised right."

I hope people say that about my boys some day. :)  What a nice compliment.
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling

heyyoume

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 10:20:37 PM »
I took this as a compliment though others don't always see it that way.  I was buying a bottle of wine from our corner store when the boy behind the counter asked for ID.  I handed it over, his jaw dropped, and he said "wow - I have never ID'd anyone as OLD as you before"...  The emphasis on the old was very definitely his.  What was so hysterical was that I was only 26 at the time... but it is always flattering to be thought younger than you are.  These days I turn cartwheels when I get ID'd.

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
I was at McDonalds the other day and someone told me my hair was quite pretty.  I'm still ecstatic! :)