Author Topic: looking for a walking/exercise app for android  (Read 516 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
looking for a walking/exercise app for android
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »
hope someone can help here - Looking for a user friendsly walking/exercise app for android that will basically tell the user to go faster, slower, etc, where user can set the pace and it will alert him that he is going too slowly, bonus points if the program helps you progress to higher speeds each time.

TIA

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: looking for a walking/exercise app for android
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
I'd like one too!

Sorry no recommendations, but I can tell you the Nike app for running and walking does NOT work well on 'droids.  I have several iPod using friends who swear by it but I could never get it to work for me.

wildtao

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
Zombies, Run! It simulates you running from Zombies during the Zombie Apocalypse we all know is coming.  ;) But its a great app, even more so if youre into that kind of fun while you run. If want something more serious then RunKeeper is a good one as well.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 05:19:32 PM »
I use RunKeeper.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
I use Run 5K since I'm trying to work my way up to a Half Marathon.  My aunt who is not able to run just picks up her walking speed during the run portions.  What 's also nice is that it fades out so you can listen to your music while you exercise.  It's not so good for progressing in speed each time.

If you use an treadmill or elliptical then I would highly recommend iTrain.  You do have to pay for each workout, but they are really motivational and keep you moving for the entire workout.  PM me if you'd like to test a couple out

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
thanks for the replies. I should have metioned this is for my DS. I work out at the gym but he does outside walks and he wants to pick up his pace.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools