One thing I'd like to see in more grocery stores is something I have seen in one store in our area.
It's a refrigerated display that is stocked with milk, orange juice, eggs and cheese. Next to it is a display stocked with bread and a couple other "basics".
It's so nice not to have to go to the far back corner just to pick up that gallon of milk I came in for.
You know, except for the 'non-candy' lane, every single one of these I think is at my local Publix.
- Case for grab and go essentials at the front
-Separate line for deli foods only
- lots of baggers who will carry out for you
- cigarettes and lotto only at the front counter
- enforced 10 items lines and lots of cashiers
- extra wide aisles in produce and near the deli/bakery
- no loyalty cards
Gee... there's a reason I always go there. LOL I didn't remember how much I preferred it until I went to the local Kroger once, out of curiosity (it was our only real option in Little Rock, except for Wal-mart). Now I remember why I stopped going there cold turkey when we moved back to Publix territory.