Author Topic: What Do You Want? (Spin-Off of "Is this the new thing in grocery shopping?")  (Read 6791 times)

baritone108

So it occurred to me that starting a discussion on what people really want from their grocery store(s) might be worthwhile.

More cashiers than self-checkout lanes.  The store I shop at has 17 registers.  One of these is an express lane.  The express lane and two others have cashiers.  The remainig 14 are self-checkout.  Generally, at least 10 of these will be empty when the store is really busy and there will be REALLY longs lines at the two non-express lanes with cashiers.

Cami

Baggers who have been properly trained in how to bag groceries.

Cashiers not self check outs. (I won't shop at stores that rely on self check outs.)

No politely worded offers to relieve me of my money for the charity of the week.

cicero

• Super Hero!

Regarding checks. If you are going to pay with a check, please have the courtesy to have it all written out except for the amount before your turn comes up. Gotta love the customers who get all the way through a month's worth of groceries being rung up and then suddenly discover that in order to write a check, they need a pen! Who knew!

you have to fill in your own check in the supermarket? interesting - in israel all (or i guess most) of the chain supermarkets don't allow you to put *anything* on the check except your signatura - you hand the check to the cashier, they run it through the register and it automatically prints the date and amount and they show it to you to make sure it printed correctly. but i rarely see anyone use a check in the supermarket - maybe once a year or so.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

lowspark

I've never seen that cicero but it sounds much better than than writing your own. It sure would speed things up.

I was going to comment earlier (but forgot) that I do actually do use checks for some purposes. Certain workmen who come to the house, some plumbers for example, don't take credit cards. So occasionally, yes, I do write a check.

But at the grocery store? Um, no.

Editeer

Cashiers who are paying attention to their job, not talking on their cell phones while they casually drag my groceries across the scanner with one hand.

LadyJaneinMD

Cashiers who are paying attention to their job, not talking on their cell phones while they casually drag my groceries across the scanner with one hand.

You're kidding.  They do that?   I'd leave the store and complain to the manager. 

msulinski

But I have a stack of loyalty cards several inches thick that would never fit in my wallet, which means that I forget them at home most of the time.  Why has nobody jumped on the opportunity to turn this into an ap?

I have the keychain versions all on one keychain.  Takes up much less room.

The "Key Ring" iPhone app takes up even less space. Plus it shows you current coupons and offers associated with the store.

snowdragon

But I have a stack of loyalty cards several inches thick that would never fit in my wallet, which means that I forget them at home most of the time.  Why has nobody jumped on the opportunity to turn this into an ap?

I have the keychain versions all on one keychain.  Takes up much less room.

The "Key Ring" iPhone app takes up even less space. Plus it shows you current coupons and offers associated with the store.

You can also use the "Key Ring" app for for your gym memberships and library cards and other things like that, it's available for both iphone and androids. Ir's really a nice  app.

baritone108

[The "Key Ring" iPhone app takes up even less space. Plus it shows you current coupons and offers associated with the store.

If I had an iPhone that would be a really helpful tip  ;D   Seriously, it is good to know tthere are apps for that.