Author Topic: Friend does not get "ladies only"  (Read 8131 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Re: Friend does not get "ladies only"
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »
Certain people are invited. You don't bring additional people without asking.

These 2 sentences sum this whole situation up perfectly.  This is like any other gathering of people for an event - only the people who are invited should attend.  You don't bring an additional person that wasn't in the invitation.

selkiewoman

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
I have to wonder about Bob - it surely can't have escaped his attention that he is the only guy in the group.  Maybe he is basking in the glory of being the only rooster in the henhouse, maybe he thinks the female attendees are somehow incapable of attracting a partner of their own, maybe other guys intimidate him.  I dunno, but this is a scenario that would have my husband jogging briskly in the opposite direction - no way I could talk him into this.

Nuala

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »
I wonder if they've decided that neither of them will never go anywhere socially without the other? It's not a choice that I would make, but some couples do.

If that is in fact what they've decided, they are going about it wrong. When only half the couple is invited, they need to decline the invitation, not bring the other partner anyway.

If Sarah were to ask me why she is no longer included, I would be honest. It's possible that she and Bob have already alienated other social groups since Sarah is so intent on being included in this one.

Cattitude

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »
I have to wonder about Bob - it surely can't have escaped his attention that he is the only guy in the group.  Maybe he is basking in the glory of being the only rooster in the henhouse, maybe he thinks the female attendees are somehow incapable of attracting a partner of their own, maybe other guys intimidate him.  I dunno, but this is a scenario that would have my husband jogging briskly in the opposite direction - no way I could talk him into this.

Exactly.  My DH would have no part in this!  I find it strange that this woman's fiance continues to attends these clearly womens only outings.

NyaChan

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
When they show up, doesn't anyone ask why the fiance is there?  What do they respond with? 

Erich L-ster

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
I hope there will be an update once you finally hammer it into her brain that no men means no Bob either.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2013, 10:32:20 PM »
"oh, df, we didn't expect to see you this evening"

Xandraea

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
"Oh, hi Bob! So nice of you to bring Sarah to Girls' Night Out.  Where are you off to while we have girl time? You can pick her up here at 9:30.  Enjoy your evening!"     8)

paintpots

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2013, 06:34:59 AM »
Would it be possible to ask her simply why she keeps bringing him? Along the lines of 'I told you this was supposed to be a Girls' Night Out, so why do you keep bringing Bob?'

Especially in person/over the phone, it does put her more on the spot to come up with an explanation.