44 (49.4%)
Prudent
4 (4.5%)
We're all a bunch of children
37 (41.6%)
Different answer
4 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: False fart: Is it a penalty?  (Read 3000 times)

Sign Of The Times

• Padawan
False fart: Is it a penalty?
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »
Right now, I'm at a Super Bowl party. I have my opinions but I'll stick to the facts.

1. Friend's couch is leather.
2. Wife of other friend is also here.
3. Some guys don't care for this woman.
4. Not that she's overly demanding or impossible to please, but at least two of us call her "Gestapoon".
5. Friend's wife is very averse to noxious odors.

6. On occasion, I d-r-a-g my thumb v-e-r-y slowly along the leather cushion of friend's couch. It sounds identical to a legitimate offering.
7. I do this within earshot of Gestapoon.
8. The sound drives her away, especially when I follow it with "ahhh."
9. We all become much more relaxed and easy-going with her absence.
10. Gestapoon's husband is (we believe) too drunk to be offended.

My thumb-dragging falsie. Rude or just prudent?
The best way out is always through. -- Frost

Nikko-chan

Re: False fart: Is it a penalty?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 10:12:14 PM »
Why don't you just not invite this woman? It seems a lot of you don't like her, and it would be much better for everyone involved if she didn't come to the gatherings. Maybe you could invite just your friend?

auntmeegs

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 10:13:12 PM »
i voted different answer and that answer would be "hilarious!"

snowdragon

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:13:50 PM »
What has this woman ever done to deserve this? Intentionally driving someone off is rude.   This post makes you and your friends sound like bullies.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
What does gestapoon mean/refer to?

Overall, you are just being goofy.  Pretty immature, but I assume its a casual gathering, so no biggie whatsoever.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
Right now, I'm at a Super Bowl party. I have my opinions but I'll stick to the facts.

1. Friend's couch is leather.
2. Wife of other friend is also here.
3. Some guys don't care for this woman.
4. Not that she's overly demanding or impossible to please, but at least two of us call her "Gestapoon".
5. Friend's wife is very averse to noxious odors.

6. On occasion, I d-r-a-g my thumb v-e-r-y slowly along the leather cushion of friend's couch. It sounds identical to a legitimate offering.
7. I do this within earshot of Gestapoon.
8. The sound drives her away, especially when I follow it with "ahhh."
9. We all become much more relaxed and easy-going with her absence.
10. Gestapoon's husband is (we believe) too drunk to be offended.

My thumb-dragging falsie. Rude or just prudent?

What an...um, descriptive nickname. Pray tell, how did you come up with it?

In answer to your question, it sounds incredibly childish. Combined with your stated intention to drive "Gestapoon" away, you sound pretty darn rude.
Utah

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:17 PM »
I'm a lot less bothered by the fake fart than by the nickname. That's offensive in two ways at once, if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
Childish, rude, probably a few other adjectives.  If you want to get away from her you get up and move.  If you are the host then don't invite her.  If you find her that objectionable and you know the host has invited her, stay home yourself.

Sign Of The Times

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »
We wanted to invite the husband, not the wife. He wouldn't come without her, so we have to deal with her.

"How did we come up with the nickname?" Overly demanding, high-maintenance, tries to be everyone's mommy. I dunno, what's the feminine form of Gestapo?

Would it be more polite to tell her to shut her piehole? That if Chuck wants to wear his Ravens hat indoors, I'm fine with it and so should she be? Because right now, the false fart is the *only* thing keeping everyone civil around her.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 10:25:33 PM »
We wanted to invite the husband, not the wife. He wouldn't come without her, so we have to deal with her.

"How did we come up with the nickname?" Overly demanding, high-maintenance, tries to be everyone's mommy. I dunno, what's the feminine form of Gestapo?

Would it be more polite to tell her to shut her piehole? That if Chuck wants to wear his Ravens hat indoors, I'm fine with it and so should she be? Because right now, the false fart is the *only* thing keeping everyone civil around her.

So you're calling her a Nazi-vagina?

Stay classy.
Utah

Sign Of The Times

• Padawan
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »
I'm a lot less bothered by the fake fart than by the nickname. That's offensive in two ways at once, if I'm interpreting it correctly.
Nobody likes her, except her husband. (And that one's iffy.) Okay -- I am sorry for having enabled and perpetuated an offensive nickname. Is there a polite way to invite half of a couple? Or tell another adult to shut one's mouth? Again, I am neither host nor the husband of this person.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »

You either invite them both and be, at minimum, cooly polite to her or don't invite them. Inviting someone and then being intentionally nasty is, well, nasty.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:32:51 PM by JenJay »

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
Just ignore her. Carry on like she wasn't there. 

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 10:30:13 PM »
I think you've had too much to drink if you think that is civil.  And I would guess from your own description of your behavior that the childish, brattiness would pring out the parent in a lot of decent and responsible people.  The more you explain, the worse it sounds.  You invite them to get him but then go out of your way to make her uncomfortable and place the blame on her.  Not only are you childish, you are the mean kids, the bullies.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »
I agree with JenJay, though correct me if I am wrong ehellions, but couldn't one half of a social unit get invited if it were guys or girls only?