General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Would this upset you?

<< < (5/5)

KarenK:

--- Quote from: diesel_darlin on February 04, 2013, 11:59:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: jedikaiti on February 04, 2013, 10:35:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: diesel_darlin on February 04, 2013, 06:13:33 PM ---I wouldnt like that either. While WillyNilly has a point, I still think that news like this is better reserved for phone calls.

It drives me batty when someone has some sort of big news and when I havent heard about/seen it, they are all shocked "But I put it on Facebook!"

Yeah, but that doesnt mean I saw it.  >:(

--- End quote ---

Yea... FB's news feed isn't all that reliable (every time I think I have it set to show me things in chronological order, it ends up getting reset back to what FB "thinks" is important - so I miss that a good friend's kid is in the hospital, but I know exactly how many blueberry pancakes an ex-classmate from HS who I'm barely in contact with had for brekkie!), and even when it is displaying in proper order, it doesn't mean that someone else hasn't flooded my page with the latest Kim whats-her-bucket news, or spammed with cute kid pics, and thus I missed a bunch of earlier posts.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

--- End quote ---

So this. If some of my friends have been particularly active, stuff will get shoved right out of my newsfeed.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did tell my family that I had gotten married via Facebook, but I did it by private message, knowing that they would be sure to see it.

NotTheNarcissist:
My Dad does this. Yes it hurts my feelings. Not much I can do about it. He's not a touchy-feely person & I think for him it's just a way to tell a bunch of people at once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version