General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Miley Cyrus encourages takeover of magazine stands

<< < (2/7) > >>

blahblahblah:

--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on February 04, 2013, 01:04:37 PM ---I hope Cosmo has enough class left to request she stop this action as it poorly represents their magazine.

--- End quote ---
Cosmo is actually encouraging it.

guihong:
DD went through a Hannah Montana phase.  I almost threw the TV out the window.

Slightly off topic, but it's interesting at least to me how many women "progress" through magazines.  There's the perennial Seventeen, then Glamour, coexisting with Cosmo, then Good Housekeeping and the like  ::), and finally, More, for the "over 40".  We won't get into AARP ;).

I like More because it's about putting ourselves first, finally.  The cover has articles on self-care, money, and our lives.  I'm so glad I'm apparently out of the age where I need yet another article on Scrabble or how to either butter up a man's ego, or not flatten it altogether (what three words are we never supposed to say to a man?  Bring me dinner?  ;D)

End of editorializing ;).

Hillia:
I miss Mademoiselle.  I used to imagine Sylvia Plath critiquing whatever issue I was reading.

Eta:  ugh, just read the article.  What an entitled little snot.

rose red:
Rude, but I'm not surprised.  As long as she gets publicity, what does it matter if it causes inconvenience to employees, customers, and the other magazines who pay for the space?  >:(

ClaireC79:

--- Quote from: guihong on February 04, 2013, 01:26:40 PM --- and finally, More, for the "over 40".  We won't get into AARP ;).

I like More because it's about putting ourselves first, finally.

--- End quote ---

I take it More is a very different magazine there to here in the UK, I remember More from my 5th and 6th form days- together with 'Position of the fortnight'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version