Author Topic: Fiverr etiquette  (Read 1264 times)

CakeBeret

Fiverr etiquette
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »
If you're not familiar, Fiverr is a site where people post things they will do for $5--send you a craft or a postcard, sing a song, edit a paper, etc.

For my friend's birthday, I paid a someone to sing Happy Birthday wearing a costume.

I received the video today. It's a badly-done voiceover of the person dancing in the costume. For example, at the end of the video, the voice has gone silent while the person in the video is still speaking/singing.

My question is whether this is the norm or acceptable for Fiverr, or whether I should expect the person to at least make the fact that it's a voice-over not so glaringly obvious. It's not a big deal either way, but I'm really curious now.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: Fiverr etiquette
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »
I don't know Fiverr, but for $5 that sounds about what I'd expect.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
Re: Fiverr etiquette
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »
I don't know Fiverr, but for $5 that sounds about what I'd expect.

Agreed. You're unlikely to get stellar production values for a fiver, and from a total stranger.