General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Funeral pictures on your Timeline

(1/21) > >>

JeanFromBNA:
Is it acceptable to post pictures of your mother's funeral on your timeline?  No, no, no, I didn't do that.  Somebody that I'm not close to but have on my newsfeed did.  I was already considering removing her from my newsfeed for other reasons; apparently I was too slow.

But shouldn't someone at least give a warning?  I'm scrolling down:  Status updates, LOL cats, e-cards, political rants, soandso liked this, and somebody's deceased mother in a coffin.   :o.  I just wasn't expecting it. 

Sharnita:
I find it acceptable. I get that other people might not like ot but I disagree that means,it is bot acceptable. There is a whole lot on fb that I don't like to look at but that doesn't mean other posters have posted anything unacceptable.

Surianne:
I don't see anything inappropriate about that.  It might be nice for people who couldn't be there to see the funeral.  An open casket without warning might be disturbing, but the coffin and funeral in general?  Not sure why that's a problem.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Surianne on February 04, 2013, 03:10:46 PM ---I don't see anything inappropriate about that.  It might be nice for people who couldn't be there to see the funeral.  An open casket without warning might be disturbing, but the coffin and funeral in general?  Not sure why that's a problem.

--- End quote ---

According to the OP, there was a picture of the open coffin with deceased person inside.

Surianne:

--- Quote from: Yvaine on February 04, 2013, 03:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Surianne on February 04, 2013, 03:10:46 PM ---I don't see anything inappropriate about that.  It might be nice for people who couldn't be there to see the funeral.  An open casket without warning might be disturbing, but the coffin and funeral in general?  Not sure why that's a problem.

--- End quote ---

According to the OP, there was a picture of the open coffin with deceased person inside.

--- End quote ---

I must be seriously missing something...just reread the OP and am not seeing it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version