General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Funeral pictures on your Timeline

<< < (21/21)

Sharnita:
But don't you find yourself surprised by what people post on fb anyway? There are plenty of times I think "I would never post that myself" or "I can not rekate to that at all". The problem isn't with saying "that isn't part of my experience and,it makes me uncomfortable" it is with saying "that is not part of my experience and it makes me uncomfortable so nobody else should be doing ir"

Queen of Clubs:

--- Quote from: RingTailedLemur on February 13, 2013, 07:14:44 AM ---I have only heard of it happening in the US.  Please do not presume to tell me what I am "telling myself".  I think it is distasteful and odd (including the Lenin thing), other people don't.  Fine.

--- End quote ---

I've only heard of open casket funerals in the US too.  If they're done over here (the UK), no one's mentioned attending one and I've never been to one myself.

Amava:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on February 13, 2013, 11:00:57 AM ---But don't you find yourself surprised by what people post on fb anyway? There are plenty of times I think "I would never post that myself" or "I can not rekate to that at all". The problem isn't with saying "that isn't part of my experience and,it makes me uncomfortable" it is with saying "that is not part of my experience and it makes me uncomfortable so nobody else should be doing ir"

--- End quote ---
Yes!
All those different norms and cultures are what I find the most interesting aspect of having an international, intercultural Facebook friends list. And of visiting Etiquette Hell too, actually! I discover so much here that is out of my own "norms". It's fascinating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version