General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Funeral pictures on your Timeline

<< < (2/21) > >>

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Surianne on February 04, 2013, 03:14:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Yvaine on February 04, 2013, 03:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Surianne on February 04, 2013, 03:10:46 PM ---I don't see anything inappropriate about that.  It might be nice for people who couldn't be there to see the funeral.  An open casket without warning might be disturbing, but the coffin and funeral in general?  Not sure why that's a problem.

--- End quote ---

According to the OP, there was a picture of the open coffin with deceased person inside.

--- End quote ---

I must be seriously missing something...just reread the OP and am not seeing it?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: JeanFromBNA on February 04, 2013, 03:00:51 PM ---and somebody's deceased mother in a coffin.

--- End quote ---

I think she'd have just said "and a coffin" if you couldn't see the coffin's inhabitant.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: JeanFromBNA on February 04, 2013, 03:00:51 PM ---Is it acceptable to post pictures of your mother's funeral on your timeline?  No, no, no, I didn't do that.  Somebody that I'm not close to but have on my newsfeed did.  I was already considering removing her from my newsfeed for other reasons; apparently I was too slow.

But shouldn't someone at least give a warning?  I'm scrolling down:  Status updates, LOL cats, e-cards, political rants, soandso liked this, and somebody's deceased mother in a coffin.   :o.  I just wasn't expecting it.

--- End quote ---

I was about to say I would be fine with it but I was imagining a photo taken of the minister or the person giving the eulogy.  But no, I do not find photos of deceased people on a social media forum to be appropriate. To me that is definately the type of photo that should only be shared with people who request a copy.

Surianne:
Yvaine: ohhh, gotcha--I didn't read that into it, but what you're saying makes sense.  I can see how that would be surprising and unsettling to see on Facebook.  I think it would be more polite to put it in an album with a different cover photo, and a note warning people that there are open casket photos inside, since it is possible that it would upset someone to see it. 

Moray:
Sharing post-mortem photographs, unsolicited, is beyond the bounds of good taste. I don't know that it's "rude", precisely, but it's just not right. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking them, in fact, I have some very cherished photos of my grandmother, grandfather, and late cousin in their coffins. But you just don't spring them on people.

JenJay:
I don't want to see any death photos at all. I've recently had to unsubscribe from two friends who posted photos of dead animals (in an "Isn't this terrible! Please help prevent it!" sort of way). I understand that everyone will use their account in whatever way they want but I'm just in it for the jokes and keeping in touch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version