Author Topic: Canceling Plans  (Read 2339 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: Canceling Plans
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I am probably going to offer to host the event at my house this weekend, assuming everyone else is still up for it.

I really don't think he drank it though, as it was a one-off release, and we would have little, if any chance, of ever replacing it.

I agree that this is the way to go. Do you have a way to access the "Guest of Honor" (mead) since organizer is out of town?

How many people are involved? Are you talking 1-5? or a group of 20?

it was a one-off release, and we would have little, if any chance, of ever replacing it.

Which is precisely why he may be trying to get out of actually having a meet up.

Suspicious minds . . .

That would be a completely different thread.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
Yep, I'd definitely press ahead with the Mead Party.

If Joe doesn't make the bottles available (for whatever reason), I'd just turn it into a normal party. There's no reason why you and your other friends should miss out on a nice time because Joe flaked out.

msulinski

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »
There are 6 people total, so it would be 5 without the organizer.

The thing that really bugs me is that he decided to extend his road trip from 2 to 5 weeks. Also, he is actually getting back in town the night before. That is what really bugs me. He still has plenty of time to get some sleep and make the tasting, he just doesn't feel like making the effort.

We normally have beer tasting events. The mead is new to us. One brewery we like produced mead one year, which is why we decided to try it. Anyway, I could very easily turn the mead tasting into a regular beer tasting, as everyone in the group is cellaring numerous beers that we could open. Thanks for that suggestion. I am leaning in this direction since I think it might be difficult to get the mead bottles. Given the organizer's inability to stick to plans, I wouldn't be surprised if he extends his trip another week, leaving the mead locked in his apartment with no way to access it.

photochick

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 10:00:21 AM »
Is he already on this road trip? If not run over asap and get those bottles. If he is I would try calling (or going over) early afternoon the day of, to try and get them.