Author Topic: Going to the Bahamas!  (Read 290 times)

MissManager

• Poster formerly known as GuardLB
Going to the Bahamas!
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
My BFF and I decided we're going to the Bahamas this July. She's a teacher and I work at a resort, so she has all summer to vacation and by July I'm so stressed out I need a vacation (busy season kicks everyones butt).

SOOO... We need some help! We've talked about taking a cruise, but Carnival is the only one thats currently cruising in July. We've also looked a resorts but there are a ton.

Any suggestions? Places to stay, things todo, food to try, stuff you wish someone else told you...

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
Re: Going to the Bahamas!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »
Is the Carnival thing based on your port of departure? Royal Caribbean goes to the Bahamas in July out of Baltimore, Miami and Port Canaveral.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

buvezdevin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
We have done the Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral on Royal Caribbean about 6 years ago - I can recommend that experience. 

I have no experience with resorts there, but would suggest Tripadvisor.com for reviews.
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink -- under any circumstances.
Mark Twain

MissManager

• Poster formerly known as GuardLB
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 12:57:38 PM »
Is the Carnival thing based on your port of departure? Royal Caribbean goes to the Bahamas in July out of Baltimore, Miami and Port Canaveral.

I promise 3 days ago they didn't have that! We would prefer Royal Carribean to Carnival.

Our prefered Port is only doing Carnival cruises to Mexico and her husband and my dad would prefer we didn't go to Mexico. The cost of porting locally or flying and porting are about the same, so it worth it for our families peace of mind.

nalapuppy

• always drink upstream from the herd
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 03:38:45 PM »
I just got back from a Carnival Cruise to Mexico.  Spectacular!!!  It was an amazing wonderful vacation.  I highly recommend a cruise.