Author Topic: Freebies & Reviews is there an etiquette.  (Read 2484 times)

ClaireC79

Re: Freebies & Reviews is there an etiquette.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
Howabout a simple 'I tested a pack of .....' you don't have to spell out it was free (as some people said they would discount those reviews on principle) you could have brought a pack to try, but it's clear you aren't a long time user of that product

PurpleFrog

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
Thanks everyone, I think I'll mention they were freebies and let the chips fall as they may.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »
I think you are obligated to say that you received free samples to test - then say if you would be willing pay full price for the items.

I know that on Before You Buy (Twit network) they say if something was a free sample they are returning or if they bought it.

Same goes for many bloggers I read.

Wasn't there a dust up 4 or 5 years ago with the Federal Trade Commission requiring bloggers and some reviewers to say if they received freebies of something they were reviewing or face fines?

Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »
Wasn't there a dust up 4 or 5 years ago with the Federal Trade Commission requiring bloggers and some reviewers to say if they received freebies of something they were reviewing or face fines?

Let's keep this thread out of the legal realm so it doesn't get closed!