General Etiquette > Life...in general

Passenger kicked off flight after demanding apology from fight attendant.

(1/34) > >>

CJ:
http://www.wsbt.com/business/ct-biz-0127-problem-brotine-20130127,0,4707170,full.column

The story is essentially that a flight attendent asked a passenger if she was certain her bag would fit under the seat in front of her. When the flight attendant agreed that it likely would, the passenger demanded an apology from the flight attendant, which was not forthcoming. After another exchange the passenger was kicked off the plane.

I think that the airline overreacted, but I also think the passenger was looking for a fight. Just curious what you all think.

Daquiri40:
I think the passenger is the one with the attitude.  The flight attendant said, "oh it is smaller than I thought it was."  When was the flight attendant rude?

MrTango:

--- Quote from: Daquiri40 on February 06, 2013, 09:09:49 AM ---I think the passenger is the one with the attitude.  The flight attendant said, "oh it is smaller than I thought it was."  When was the flight attendant rude?

--- End quote ---

I agree, and in this situation, I don't think the airline over-reacted.  It's far better to preempt a potential confrontation, medical issue, or disrespectful snowflake on the ground by removing them from the situation than to take the risk of escalation once the plane is in the air.

Twik:
"My title is doctor, and you can address me by that." Someone packed her attitude in her carry-on, didn't she?

Seriously, I don't see what the attendant has to apologize for. She asked if the case would fit under the seat, which is an important consideration for safety and efficient loading of the aircraft. I don't see the offense there, other than she asked it twice. That's a little annoying, but it really sounds as if the passenger was looking for a fight. What next? Complain about the draconian orders to fasten one's seatbelt for take-off?

audrey1962:
I think the passenger was disrespectful and picked a flight with the flight attendant. We all know that is grounds for removal and the airline was justified in removing her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version