General Etiquette > Life...in general

Passenger kicked off flight after demanding apology from fight attendant.

<< < (22/34) > >>

rashea:
Well, it seems Jetblue caved and refunded them. I would not have. I think once you announce that you won't speak to the person in authority, you are done. You don't get to refuse to speak to a police officer, you don't get to refuse to speak to the teacher, you just don't.

I have had one spectacular disagreement with a FA, but it was on the ground and it was disability related. Had I been rude, loud, hostile or inappropriate in any way, I still would have expected to be in trouble. She lost her cool, and I suspect her job, but I kept mine. That is just the reality when you are in any situation where someone else has neccessary power over you.

Amara:

--- Quote ---Well, it seems Jetblue caved and refunded them.
--- End quote ---

Oh great. Just one more confirmation to all the jerks of the world that acting like a dirtbag will get you what you want. My deepest sympathies to all those who have to work with them.

Erich L-ster:
The passenger was 100% in the wrong. Sadly, she'll probably be rewarded for her atrocious behavior.

mmswm:

--- Quote from: Amara on February 09, 2013, 01:09:03 PM ---
--- Quote ---Well, it seems Jetblue caved and refunded them.
--- End quote ---

Oh great. Just one more confirmation to all the jerks of the world that acting like a dirtbag will get you what you want. My deepest sympathies to all those who have to work with them.

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't think they got everything they wanted.  Unless there's been another update that I haven't read, the couple wanted to  be reimbursed for the cost of the alternate flight that they took, which was far greater than the amount of the tickets for the flight they were booted from.  What I read was that JetBlue refunded only the cost of those tickets, and not the cost of the replacement tickets.  I believe there was a difference of a few hundred dollars, so not an inconsequential amount.

Yentush:
Just for everyone's information, the pilot is not allowed out of the cockpit, if i am correct.  it would be a breach in security. 
Since 9/11. all cockpits have secure doors and the pilots stay inside no matter what, so that no one can take over the palne.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version