General Etiquette > Life...in general

Passenger kicked off flight after demanding apology from fight attendant.

<< < (2/34) > >>

GratefulMaria:
This, a quote of the husband's from the article, "And the biggest issue, in my humble opinion, is that we weren't able to talk to the captain and that the captain made no attempt to analyze the situation," is appalling.  The captain's supposed to be taking care of the ship, not this sort of thing.

audrey1962:

--- Quote from: GratefulMaria on February 06, 2013, 09:47:03 AM ---This, a quote of the husband's from the article, "And the biggest issue, in my humble opinion, is that we weren't able to talk to the captain and that the captain made no attempt to analyze the situation," is appalling.  The captain's supposed to be taking care of the ship, not this sort of thing.

--- End quote ---

I agree. What he said was belittling towards the flight attendant, implying she is incapable of making such decisions herself.

siamesecat2965:
From what the article said, I think all fault lies with the passenger. As someone else pointed out, it's the FA's job to make sure all passengers AND bags are stowed correctly, prior to takeoff. All the FA did was ask if her bag would fit, and then made a very innocuous comment "oh, its smaller than I thought" She was only doing her job, and I don't see where she was rude to the passenger in any way, shape or form. Nor do I see where any apology was required.

The passener however, "DR.", was rude. esp. with her comment about being addressed as such. Unless the FA is a mind reader, she has no way of knowing that the woman was a dr. I think the airline handled things correctly. I may be biased as I work in retail, but it seems to me this was  case of "the customer is always right" at least in her mind, when in fact, that's not always the case.

WillyNilly:
The airline was definitely in the right and that woman was a security risk, as its likely she would have kicked up some sort of fuss once they were in the air.  The flight attendant did nothing wrong.

These people waited to board last - the flight attendant probably had to truly ensure the bag would fit before the plane door was closed in case it had to be checked after all, of course she asked twice, time was of the essence!  And even if it wasn't a time issue, it wasn't a rude question, she was perfectly polite, and simply doing her job.  And she even acknowledged the passenger was correct when she realized it.

Its people like these, who require security crews on call and demand extra refunds above what they paid the airline that drive up the costs and hassle for the rest of us.

Eden:
Ugh, the passengers seem awful. In my experience, flight crews are always at the very least professional if not downright friendly and they have to deal with an awful lot of nonsense. I say these passengers got some karmic comeuppance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version